Shell in the middle of Minkata

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Shell in the middle of Minkata

Postby tahgayrahl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:40 pm

So I was wandering around in Minkata, having just found the soccer ball, when I spied a strange structure in the distance. Something I'd never seen before. I ran up to it as fast as I could (using fly mode, naturally) only to find... an Ahra Pahts shell. Just stranded in the middle of the desert. There was nothing inside. This is one of those times when I really, really wish I'd taken a screenshot. But you're just going to have to take my word for it - or if you know how to dig around in the game files maybe you can find out for yourself if it's there. So... who was it that put the shell in the middle of Minkata???
tahgayrahl

Re: Shell in the middle of Minkata

Postby greendragoon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Hmm, this sounds familiar. Wasn't there a problem related to paging that would cause parts of other ages to "follow" with you? ...Searching...Yes, this is like what your seeing, correct?

http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1490&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40#p16034
Robert "greendragoon" Starbuck
As Long as there is MORE,
I will explore.
And as long as my Relto shelf is unfilled,
I will build.
greendragoon

Location: Stuck in Indiana because the cavern door is locked.

Postby diafero » Fri May 01, 2009 3:02 am

That most likely indicates that you either use an outdated version of Pahts or you have some files floating in your Uru folder which are not properly associated to an age... the page (un)loading of Plasma is really wired sometimes ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tahgayrahl » Fri May 01, 2009 3:51 am

wow, thanks guys! It never occurred to me this could be a legitimate bug. The way it was just sitting there in the desert I felt sure it was on purpose, but I see now it probably is the same problem as described in that other post. I've been doing some messing around in the files so this is probably my own fault.
tahgayrahl

Postby greendragoon » Fri May 01, 2009 3:56 am

Hey, don't look a gift bug in the mouth. Do you realize how many people have dreamed of finding something, anything, in the vast Minkata desert? ;) :D
Robert "greendragoon" Starbuck
As Long as there is MORE,
I will explore.
And as long as my Relto shelf is unfilled,
I will build.
greendragoon

Location: Stuck in Indiana because the cavern door is locked.

Postby Chuckles58 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:54 pm

I was exploring Todelmer and noticed an Ahra Pahts shell floating off in the distance. I've taken a KI picture, and will post it this evening. It was a shell with a red ball sitting on the threshhold. Does anybody claim it?
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby Chuckles58 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:40 pm

It appears that it was Shell #427 by Di Gama, the Ball and hole.

My guess is that since I used flymode to explore Ahra Pahts, that I had an echo shell in Todelmer. I went back this evening and it wasn't there.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby diafero » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:50 am

That sounds reasonable, using flymode will break the whole Ahra Pahts loading mechanism and can then also break the unloading. You should generally never use flymode in there, except for going up, taking a glance at what is currently loaded (black areas mean that stuff will loads when you get closer) and falling down again (so moving only on the z axis).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GregW11 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 am

The same thing happened to me, but it was in Ae'Gura in the middle of the water, halfway out to the great arch. (same shell too)

It was fun to see, could the lost city of Atlantis have been at the bottom of the lake in Ae'Gura this whole time? :D
GregW11

Return to Ahra Pahts