Customizing the courtyards

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby Aloys » Sun May 28, 2006 7:30 pm

In my great quest for variety in the city I noticed that we have many courtyards and we could work on them to make them more interesting to visit. This had already been suggested in the appropriately-named "Variety in the city" thread, I think it deserves now its own topic.

We currently have 3 large courtyards (one in each 'outer' districts) and 18 smaller ones (4 in each outer district and 6 in the central one). We should at least customize the larger courtyards. And if we have time try some of the smaller ones.. They should follow the themes we had agreed on for the districts (green= nature, blue= water, red.. have we decided on the red?)and they must keep the river/canal they have, beside this I don't see any limitations. (They could also follow the zonning we had agreed on here )

This is not a priority but if someone want to tackle one of those there's enough work for everyone :)

(I already have a couple ideas but I must first finish that city structure.)
Aloys

Postby Besharen » Mon May 29, 2006 5:35 pm

I don't have a lot of time to any modelling at the moment (exams are coming up! :S), but I'll try to do some concept drawings; hopefully that will help some.

Do you have any screenshots of the dimensions/size of the courtyards? Just so I know what I'm working with...
Besharen

Postby Aloys » Mon May 29, 2006 6:05 pm

I know about the exams, june is always a bad period for this, I fear our ranks will shrink down in the next weeks. :/

I don't know the dimensions of the courtyards but if you want you can pick up the blender file from the previous version here it contains everything you may need. :) Basically the smaller courtyard are the size of a regular shell except they're cut in two by the river and the larger courtyards are the size of 3 shells.

Don't spend to much time on this though, exams are more important. ;)
Aloys

Postby The Enlightened » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:42 pm

There seems to be quite a few explorer/modelers across the web. If we could tell them a bit more about the project, I am sure that a good handfull could throw their own touch into the project.

Don't spend to much time on this though, exams are more important.

I enjoy this time quite alot, mostly because the kids are all busy working. Makes my neigbor duties a bit easier.
The Enlightened

Postby Aloys » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:33 pm

As it was noticed in the signup thread, not many people seem to go for the red district. I think (I may be wrong) that this is because we still haven't defined a solid theme for this district.
I had in mind something geared toward rocks, sand (maybe even lava?) to fit with the 'red' title. (And as Besharen told me in some other thread: many people like rocks formations, must be a Myst thing). It's just an idea. Any more suggestions welcome.
Aloys

Postby ShadowDude » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:48 pm

[quote="Aloys"] I had in mind something geared toward rocks, sand (maybe even lava?) to fit with the 'red' title.

Lava'd be a nice touch. Certainly would set it apart from the other districts ;)
ShadowDude

Postby zib_redlektab » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:21 pm

yeah, we could make the rivers lava, put up invisible walls (or to be more annoying, a panic link region over the lava :lol: ) on the river walls, then make the walls made out of that really dark rock...it would be awesome.
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby The Enlightened » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:17 pm

That is an interesting and creative Idea. I like it.
The Enlightened

Postby Mystified Explorer » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:19 pm

I think a rock theme would look great :) Maybe a geothermal theme too... It would fit with what I'm planning for the shell I nabbed there (think Yellowstone - only much much smaller and Ahra Pahts style :P)
Mystified Explorer

Postby The Enlightened » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:15 am

Do we have the technology to make fountains, fire, waterfalls, and moving liquids of that nature? Or is that something to strive for?
The Enlightened

Next

Return to Ahra Pahts