Customizing the courtyards

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby Besharen » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:06 pm

No, we don't have animated textures yet.
Besharen

Postby zib_redlektab » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:00 pm

or particle systems, afaik. That's what would be required for fire, smoke, or a fountain that actually shot water rather than just flowed water. B)
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:42 pm

So for now, stagnant pools of lava (no bubbling) and dried lava beds.

:lol:

But we can make it radiate a red-orange glow, that lights up anything/anyone nearby.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby zib_redlektab » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:06 am

also, with the whole fog changing thing someone's experimenting with, we could make the fog change to be more reddish in the red district :P
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:16 am

I'd call 'cautious optimism' about the fog, this is still quite experimental. ;) (but that would indeed be great if it worked)
Aloys

Postby The Enlightened » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:01 pm

I think experimentation is probably a great idea at this point. We need ways to answer our problems head on. Even if it is a bit unconventional.
The Enlightened

Postby Aloys » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:09 pm

With the latest version (and despite its issues) we're nearing more than ever toward a complete, stable structure to build on.. What I'm getting at here is that customizing those courtyards of ours would be a good idea. :) In many ways courtyards work as shells, they can be extracted from the main blender file and worked on separately; so it's easy to do a collaborative work on those.

There are 4 courtyards in each district plus 6 in the central district. Those are the same size as a shell so it may be quick and easy to do one...

Then we've got the 'shells courtyards'. Shells are in groups of three centered around a small circular courtyard. Those are very small and can probably be done in a couple evening. Better, for something simple it can probably be done under a couple hours. I did this one in a couple hours (and I took my time). Those courtyards don't need anything complex (they're too small for that anyway).

Anyone whiling to give a try at one?
Aloys

Postby The Enlightened » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:34 pm

I must say, this city is turning out to be quite ammazing.
The Enlightened

Postby ShadowDude » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:30 pm

What TE said.

I went through the city earlier and couldn't help thinking how professional the city looked. The textures match up so well, and everything has just so much detail in them, you'd think Cyan themselves made it (collisions issues and such aside). It's nothing short of astounding.

:D

I'd be willing to give courtyard customization a try btw.
ShadowDude

Postby Sti'in » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:00 am

maybe you can make mist in the middle districkt and some grass in the green one! :D

that will be cool! if there is only lava in the red one en water in the rest it wont be that cool.
Sti'in

Previous

Return to Ahra Pahts