Artist Request

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed May 31, 2006 6:55 am

Calling all available artists/modelers!

I'm looking for someone to provide sketches or conceptual models for the Ahra Pahts map room/"Prinpahts"/nexus linking pedestals and for the map room itself. The linking pedestals in the city would have a small map of the city behind it, whereas the linking pedestals in the map room would not - the map is on the floor. All linking pedestals would have open books on top, of course.

I'm volunteering to do the scripting part of this. I currently have a map room test age that is in desperate need of better artwork. Eventually, I'm hoping to incorporate this into Ahra Pahts proper, once everyone is happy with the linking mechanism and artwork.

So, can anyone help out?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Aloys » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:24 pm

I'd love to but I'd rather not commit to another thing until I'm done with the city. I'm lacking time.
Aloys

Postby Besharen » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:25 pm

I had some free time yesterday, so I worked on some pedestal concepts. They’re not very creative though…I was kinda just fooling around. It’s nothing that you wouldn’t have been able to make up yourself…basically a block of stone with a book on it. :P Ya, I know it’s not great. I’m was just brushing up on my drawing…I hadn’t realised how long it had been since I’d drew anything.

I know that the pedestals in the main room will have to be flat on top so you can get to them from every side, but I have some other ones there just for fun.

If you want me to actually model the pedestal, I can do that too.

I should have some more time on the weekend to do some concept of the actual room, not just boring pedestals.

Anyway, here it is:

Bigger Version
Besharen

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:20 am

That's terrific, Besharen!!! Thanks for taking the time to produce such a variety of pedestals.

To facilitate a decision on which ones to model, perhaps you could put a number under each pedestal in your drawing? That way, people can discuss which one(s) are their favorites.

Looking forward to the map room sketches! :D
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Besharen » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:04 pm

Alright, here they are:

Should be able to do some map-room stuff today or tomorrow.
Besharen

Return to Ahra Pahts