Shell Sign Up

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby Aloys » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:23 am

Welcome on the project Nah'dneb. :)
There are some know problems with importing Ahra Pahts, I'm not sure why that is; but exporting works fine though, don't worry. However since the importing won't work fine if you try to export the Age with the files you have just imported it will not work.. Also I'm not sure what you mean by the "all the streetside posts in shell 204". There isn't anything special in 204.
If you need to reinstall the Age, make sure you delete all the Pahts files in your /dat folder before reinstalling the ones you downloaded.

If you want to export your Shells you will need to do a couple things. I suggest you read the City Rules document as it contains important info. (You can also find a .doc version here). I'm sending you a PM with the link to your Shell. :)

At any rate, your shell looks interesting and it definitely fits the theme of the red district. :)

Marein: I'm not sure what I did because the shell has been prepared and put online the day you asked it. I'll send you the link again.
Aloys

Postby zib_redlektab » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:40 am

Nah', sorry it took so long to get in here, we have had two run-ins with hackers and a large quantity of spammers, meaning that we now approve people one at a time. If they look suspicious we contact them ("Are you a spammer/hacker? Sincerely, Agebuilder.org" :P), but since your name is D'ni-ish, idk why you didn't get in faster. Sorry :P
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Nadnerb » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:47 am

All right! I'm on the map! Thanks for the welcome. I've got the shell, and all my objects linked in neatly. testrender has been updated. There is a slight texture glitch, the hutroof decal only appears textured when it is selected. :huh: But that should be easy to fix. I've left the grass, since I'm currently working on the final lava texture.

anyway, about the uru exporting things. I have (several times) deleted all the pahts files (including .sum) from the dat directory and replaced them with the original download. it still says that pahts is missing or corrupted! :angry:

EDIT: I found the problem. it was a sequence prefix conflict with one of my ages. pahts works now.

the comment about shell 204: with the 0.8 pahts, I noticed that the shell 204 prp was much larger (filesize) that the others. when I imported it alone, I saw shell 204 plus all the column objects, that line the shells for the entire city.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Aloys » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:24 pm

I've seen that texture bug before, from my experience it only happens in blender though and doesn't affect the export.

About your issues with the Age, I really don't understand where that comes. :(
Hopefully whatever is wrong it should be fixed with the upcoming new version.

About Shell204: its size is normal, it had to be exported seperately and it includes all the textures; which is why it's so heavy. And the fact that the columns are tied to shell 204 is normal. :P It is the default page number for those before shells are customized by their owner. I had forgotten it. So it isn't a bug, and it is only temporary. All the shells that people signup for have their columns correctly assigned.
Aloys

Postby Nadnerb » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:36 pm

I noticed that you posted before my edit, so:
the corrupt file problem was completely specific to me. There was a sequence prefix conflict with one of my ages.
so, yay! I have succesfully intergrated my shell into pahts 0.8. image. now back to work on actually building it. side note: the shell entrance stairs graphical object was assigned to shell 123, :huh: so it vanished. fixed now of course. :)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Aloys » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:42 pm

Wonderfull, that's the first screenshot of an integrated shell we get. :)
I am leaving for a short vacation tomorrow and I will be back monday. So in case you have in mind to get your shell released this week you might want to wait some more. ;)

About the stairs, thanks for telling me, it appears there are a couple stairs that for some obscure reasons weren't renamed properly..
I've seen it in shells:
130 -- Marein's
211/212/213 -- ShadowsDude's
233/235 -- Marein again (sorry Marein :ph34r: )

I should just post something asking all shells owners to doublecheck their shell's objects names and pages number 'just in case'.
Aloys

Postby Starfyre » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:54 pm

Nah'dneb wrote: I noticed that you posted before my edit, so:
the corrupt file problem was completely specific to me. There was a sequence prefix conflict with one of my ages.
so, yay! I have succesfully intergrated my shell into pahts 0.8. image. now back to work on actually building it. side note: the shell entrance stairs graphical object was assigned to shell 123, :huh: so it vanished. fixed now of course. :)

Wow Nah'dneb, that looks really nice. Kinda like a minature hub. Keep up the good work.

Edit: Also the first time I have seen the new sky texture since Aloys put it in. Nice work, Aloys.
Starfyre

Postby Marein » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:24 am

I was going to delete the stairs anyways, so I think that solves it?

Also, seeing I have combined two shells, how should I integrate them into Pahts and send them to you when they're finished? Would it be okay to put everything in the 233 file and include an empty 235 file? (edit: I checked and the stairs seem to have the right names... You do mean the stairs at the entrance to the shell? :huh:)

Also (2), since I'm combining two files, is there anything I'd need to do with the double books and/or pages I'll have? Or something PRPish?
Marein

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:44 pm

you'd need to send in both prp files, no matter what. if you have combined everything from two shells into one file, export that, and then export the other, emtpy file for the other shell. If you don't provide an empty shell.prp, the original contents of that shell.prp will still show up.

also, I hear that the UAM sever control has changed hands. do I have to change something to get new updates? will pahts be appearing anywhere? And aloys, could you do an export of the city using the new plugin? It gets annoying only being able to visit once without restarting. I've tried importing and reexporting it, but the sky, global lighting, and shells 223-440 vanished without a trace. (which is weird, since it's all there in the import. :huh: )

and finally, have any decisions been made regarding python? I'd like to know before I start modelling parts which may or may not be scripted. :P
Nadnerb

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:42 pm

Nah'dneb wrote:And aloys, could you do an export of the city using the new plugin? It gets annoying only being able to visit once without restarting. I've tried importing and reexporting it, but the sky, global lighting, and shells 223-440 vanished without a trace. (which is weird, since it's all there in the import. :huh: )

Aloys is currently away; he will be returning on Tuesday 22 August. Note that importing an age and then exporting it is currently not supported in the Blender Plugin.

and finally, have any decisions been made regarding python? I'd like to know before I start modelling parts which may or may not be scripted. :P

The Python guidelines are summarized in this post:

http://forum.agebuilder.org/index.php?showtopic=186#
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

PreviousNext

Return to Ahra Pahts