Shell Sign Up

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby Starfyre » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:36 pm

Unless I am mistaken that is just the walls surrounding the building. Though personally I don't see anything wrong about making the walls of the shell be also the walls of the building.
Starfyre

Postby Mystified Explorer » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:45 pm

We're allowed 4 shells now? In that case could I nab #308? (though if need be I can drop #202 as I havent started that one and Im not sure how Ill do it, but whatever's best :) )

With that comes a question: How do you combine shells? I was thinking I could combine #308 and #306 into one building. How is that done? :huh:
Mystified Explorer

Postby zib_redlektab » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:02 am

Starfyre wrote: Unless I am mistaken that is just the walls surrounding the building. Though personally I don't see anything wrong about making the walls of the shell be also the walls of the building.

Yes, as long as it doesnt exceed the poly count. ;)

If the two shells are next to eachother, you can simply demolish the seperating wall and combine some meshes to make 1 monster shell :D
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:50 pm

[quote="Mystified Explorer"] We're allowed 4 shells now? In that case could I nab #308? (though if need be I can drop #202 as I havent started that one and Im not sure how Ill do it, but whatever's best :) )

Last I looked the official consensus was 3 or 4 shells is the limit. As I said earlier though, we'd rather see people finish the shells they have already registered before than getting new ones. Beside there are already plenty of shells taken up in the Green District :o
That said; if you really want it, I for one have no objections. :)
Aloys

Postby Mystified Explorer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:42 pm

To be honest Im not too fussed. I'll finish my other shells for now and If it's still available I might build on shell #308 in the future :)
Mystified Explorer

Postby Marein » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:56 am

Mmm, I thought I had enough space in my shell, but I don't :o Can I have number 235 please? And could you send me a new file with 233 and 235 in it? Thanks!
Marein

Postby Aloys » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:34 pm

I'll send you shell 235; but as I already told you should really work with Blender. Using several programs may get you into more problems like this one.

About getting 233 and 235 together: since they are both Blender files you can simply import all of the objects of one shell into the other and then export the whole scene to DXF (or whatever format you prefer), the way I described in that other thread.
Aloys

Postby Marein » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:53 pm

Thanks a lot!

And stop nagging about learning Blender! :P
Marein

Postby Nadnerb » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:59 pm

Well, I finally got my account approved to post in the forums, so hi! It sounds like this project is open to the public (sort of), so, if I can, I'd like to sign up for a shell. Specifically shell 237 (red district: residential). I have prior experience with blender, and a little with age building. (I've made and tested a couple) Since It took a few days to get this account approved, I got impatient and started modelling off an import of pahts v0.8. On that topic, Is there a reason that all the streetside posts are in shell 204? that seems odd. And this prp exporting and including scheme has been tested, right? I haven't been able to do that myself, UruExplorer always says that the files are missing or corrupted, and then proceeds to delete the age files. <_<
since I've started already, here's a predev render: testrender
edit: @#$%&!!!!!!!! Uru has decided that Pahts is Permanently corrupted. I have replaced all the files with the clean orignals, and it still says they are missing or corrupted! (right after it deletes them) Is there some init file where it stores a history of files it thinks should be corrupt?
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Marein » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:12 am

Yay! A neighbor!! :D :D
The render looks cool! Reminds me of Amateria, with the rock thingies...
Did you place the files in the dat folder? And did you create a .sum file?

And Aloys... I think you forgot about my shell 235, because you haven't sent me it yet and it's not on the updated map either :huh:
Marein

PreviousNext

Return to Ahra Pahts