Shell Sign Up

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby zib_redlektab » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:27 pm

Yup I just realized that. :P Well I'll take 335 and 337 then.

maybe we should set a limit on shells one person can own? Let's start it at 3 and if the age is very popular we can lower it.
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby J'anim Paedet » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:12 pm

zib_redlektab wrote:Let's start it at 3 and if the age is very popular we can lower it.

I'd say it already is. All of this within one day? Not bad! :)

That being said, I'd sign up for a shell myself, but it would probably be a long time before I had the time to work on it and I don't want to take up space. Once I'm done with the Vaiskor series I'll make a shell or two for the city.
J'anim Paedet

Postby Mystified Explorer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:03 pm

These 2 for Kato: #304, #305 (he asked me to nab them for him now before they're taken :P)
Mystified Explorer

Postby Aloys » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:39 am

I've put up a new plan of the city with all the shell owners names added here.
I haven't been able to include the zonning of the shells (residential/community etc), so I'll update it later with that.

It is tricky to add names and keep the map readable because some names are just a little too long. Hence 'Zib Redlektab' had to be shortened to just Zib. hope you won't mind Zib.
Also.. Shadow Dude and Mystical Explorer.. you two really had to get your shells next to each other? ;)
And Besharen, I couldn't write your name three times. So err... you now have 'the Besharen Triangle'. Which I guess is like the Bermuda Triangle, except with less sunken boats. :P

[edit] I've update the shells plan, it now includes everything. I tried to keep it readable; it is a busy picture.
Aloys

Postby ShadowDude » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:38 pm

Aloys wrote:Also.. Shadow Dude and Mystical Explorer.. you two really had to get your shells next to each other? ;)

lol...that's actually kinda funny how it worked out like that :blink: :rolleyes: :P

Anyone notice that no one's taken any of the shells in the red district yet? Seems a little odd... :unsure:

Just a though, but it might be good if somebody modified the map of the age to show which shells were taken and which ones weren't... but that's just me thinking out loud :P
ShadowDude

Postby Ailaera » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:44 pm

There was a modified map. Now where did it go?
Ailaera

Postby J'anim Paedet » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:11 pm

ShadowDude wrote:Just a though, but it might be good if somebody modified the map of the age to show which shells were taken and which ones weren't... but that's just me thinking out loud :P

Could that be part of the shell update process? Perhaps the updated shell could contain a new version of the map image?

I've updated the wiki to reflect the sign-up process more fully. Do you people think the map takes up too much space? I'm reluctant to scale it down at all, for readability reasons.
J'anim Paedet

Postby Aloys » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:22 pm

The map on the Wiki is the updated version. Here.
We could scale it down a bit but I'm afraid it'd become difficult to read.
Aloys

Postby sculp » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:30 pm

:rolleyes: #339 for me if still avail?
sculp

Postby Aloys » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:18 pm

The list of available shells can be found on this page.
(Could paradox or a mod add this link to the top post?)

Why is everyone avoiding the red district? That may actually be my fault... Disclaimer time:

Though the plan for the shells is definitive, the plan for the rest of the city isn't final yet. Courtyards and other distinctive elements haven't been finalized yet and might change. If you are all gathering in the green district because right now it is the best looking on the plan you might want to change your mind. The green district will indeed have a nature/vegetation theme but exact details aren't finalized. Same for the other districts. The red district isn't great looking on the plan right now, but rest assured that it will get as much attention as the other districts. :)
Aloys

PreviousNext

Return to Ahra Pahts