Cones & Barricades

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby D'eux » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:18 am

OK, took the middle logo and evolved it a bit. It might be a little too busy now, but these ideas were actually toned down from some more complex versions that started to look very native American :)

These four are all subtlely different and there are several more variations by taking elements of each of these and combining them:

Evolved Logo Ideas

Feedback needed and appreciated.

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:12 am

Nice work, D'eux!

My pick is the first one, and I suggest adding a small black outline of a hexagon in the center white triangle. This would represent the hub of the city, which is hexagonal.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby mar » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:31 am

I find the middle of the first series the best. It is simple, strong and nice to look at it.

The last three you have made are to much detail and because of that you loosing your attention to it.

I am going for the middle one of your first serie

Mar
mar

Postby Tweek » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:03 pm

In your first set - the middle logo is the strongest.

In your second set your 3rd logo (from left to right) is my favorite.

Logos will translate to textures better if they are simple ones (you never know if the logo will need to end up as an engraving on a wall for example).
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby D'eux » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:03 pm

Ok folks, based on the feedback so far, here is a shortlist of the three already favoured, plus 1 other evolution I was messing around with this evening that I liked.

I tend to agree with the thoughts about keeping it simple because of engraving etc., but I guess it should be remembered that the D'ni are/were a technologically advanced race and so something too primitive may not be symbolic enough for the status of the Great City.

Anyway, take a peek...

Four Shortlisted Logos

Thanks,

D'eux

Postby mar » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:28 pm

From the last shortlisted logos I stay with my favored number one (the most left).
About your frace that D'ni is a technologic race I think that that nothing have to do with simple or not. The most best infentions are the simple ones

Mar
mar

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:18 pm

Out of the latest set of four, I like the fourth one best.

At some point, I recommend you set up a poll - when you have your final short list (which this one may very well be). It would be great for every shell developer to work in this logo somehow. I'm thinking about placing it as an engraving on some of the floor tiles in Prin Pahts.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby D'eux » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:42 am

Due to popular demand, a Poll has been created over in the 'Myst/URU - General Discussion' section for you to cast your votes on your preferred logo from the four finalists. For any who have already seen them, refresh your browser's cache when looking at the image because I've added numbers to aid in choosing a version.

Sorry for the hassle, I didn't have permissions to create a poll in here :)

D'eux

Previous

Return to Ahra Pahts