Cones & Barricades

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby Aloys » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:55 am

We will need some cones and barricades to initially block off some of the areas that are under heavy restoration.
We don't need anything really fancy, simple models and textures; just a cone or two and a barricade. Anyone willing to do this? Zib? (Maybe we could borrow a cone or two from Galamay?) Someone else?
Aloys

Postby The Enlightened » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:38 am

This may seem wierd, but I could be interesting if they were a bit decorative. Maybe ad some designs, and what not.
The Enlightened

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:37 am

[quote="The Enlightened"] This may seem wierd, but I could be interesting if they were a bit decorative. Maybe ad some designs, and what not.

Perhaps each barrier could be embossed with a stylized city "logo" that is based on the layout map?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Besharen » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:15 am

We have this safety warning stand that was made by Trylon for Yevahn, which I'm sure we could use for this age too.

See this thead: New safety stands imported from the surface
Besharen

Postby Aloys » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:38 am

Oh, right. Those could be perfect if Trylon agrees. :)
A barricade would come in handy too.

A logo on these would indeed be nice. Some triangle thingy.
Aloys

Postby D'eux » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:40 am

Not sure if you folks are still looking for some cones & barricades, but I'm happy to donate this one that I'm part way through modelling when it's done:

Safety Barrier (Click to View)

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Postby Aloys » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:00 pm

Ho interesting. I'll be curious to see it when it is finished. What do you plan to change/add?
(Also just out of curiosity: do you work in Max?)
Aloys

Postby D'eux » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:04 pm

Aloys,

I definitely want to add a hazard light to the barrier - something sort of like those used by the DRC - and maybe dirty the textures up a little more. I use both Max and Lightwave, amongst a variety of apps. It all depends on what the end result needs to be really.

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Postby zib_redlektab » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:10 pm

wow, I never saw this thread, ever :P
You can use my barricades if you want, but I think D'eux's are better.

I definitely like the idea or having an pahts logo stamped on them. Perhaps just a simple triangle pattern that looks like the city?
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby T_S_Kimball » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:38 am

Heh. I've been ruminating about this thread for months, and now it's alive again...

I've been considering creating a couple quick wireframes for someone to flesh out as needed, based on what barriers are here at work:

1) The (in)famous 'Jersey Barrier,' That long, ugly, white thing you see alot in government and some business areas after 9/11. We have some water-filled versions in addition to the classic all-concrete variant. These are stationary barriers of course.

2) For the kickables replacement, what I call the 'Jersey Cone,' which is taller (3') and skinnier (6" cone base) than a normal cone. Good Luck balancing on that! They also have two white stripes near the top, made of reflective white tape.

3) Last but not least, the Bollard (another stationary item). This is a 2' x 2' concrete base with a 10" or so concrete-filled metal cylinder sticking out of it (usually to about 4'). This obviously is not designed to prevent avatar traffic, just look menacing.

There's lots more types of barriers here, with all the construction that's gone on recently. Just don't know how I'd implement all of them.

Yet... ;)

--TSK
Timothy S. Kimball | The Kind Healer -- http://sungak.net
Pahts Shells 420 {Basic layout - 70%; Text for books - 20%}
T_S_Kimball

Next

Return to Ahra Pahts