Ahra Pahts v0.8

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby Marein » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:49 am

Seeing the water in the canals has turned into ice, it's possible to jump onto the stairs now (most of them anyways).
Marein

Postby Aloys » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:08 am

The canals will not remain accessible on foot, they're meant to be visited by boats. At some point we'll get around to add railings to prevent people from going in the canals; I just haven't had time to do them so far.
Some areas will remain open though, for some ice skating fun (in courtyards probably) but other than that there's no need to go in the canals right now. Which is why you can't jump on some of the stairs when you're down there, you're not meant to. They are (will be) only accesible from the boats.
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:45 pm

Aloys, not to sound critical, but there are a few spots where the textures aren't mapped properly. This might be messed up normals, it might be untextured, but it some of the courtyards when the sidewalk is raised up a bit, the inclined part is invisible. I'll try to get a screen shot because what I just said makes no sense.

And you already know about the slight collision malfunctions. You also know how to fix them.
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:00 pm

I think I know what you mean, I had noticed that a while ago and I thought I had fixed it on all the courtyards. It looks like I may have missed one or more.
What would be help full (beside a screenshot) would be to tell me in which courtyard(s) you saw it. :)
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:19 pm

Tell me where the link in point is, I'll tell you where I saw it :P
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:43 pm

The linking point is on front of shell 430.
(I call that area the "pool of the 3 moons"; because of the lampposts.)
Aloys

Postby Marein » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:58 pm

You can easily find out where you linked in by searching for the large courtyard in the middle of the district and looking at the hub. Then you know it :)
Marein

Postby Marein » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:16 am

QUOTE (City Age Rules Document)
The city ground isn’t flat, not all shells and districts are at the same height; the central hub being the highest point. [/quote]
Oh? I never noticed that...

Also, what's with the door plagues? :huh:

And there are lots more things in the document that don't really make sense, like the street guide... I think it should be updated, or the things that are being said in there should be made reality :P

Really nice document by the way! Really usefull. (I don't just mean bad :rolleyes:)
Marein

Postby T_S_Kimball » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:25 am

Just got things working, and only one word so far...

Wow.

I've also realized how big a shell *really* is. :o Let's hope I'm up to the task...

--TSK
Timothy S. Kimball | The Kind Healer -- http://sungak.net
Pahts Shells 420 {Basic layout - 70%; Text for books - 20%}
T_S_Kimball

Previous

Return to Ahra Pahts