Shell Export Issues

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby D'eux » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:33 am

Well, I'm sure it's not the best way to do this...

...but what I did manage to get to work was to save my Shell .blend file to another 'working' version and set all of the page_num values to 0. When I export this as a complete Age with a spawnpoint everything works fine and I can view my Shell within URU after running it through the normal process in UAM.

Best thing I think then is for me to develop my Shell on a separate layer and then transfer it across to my proper Shell .blend file when I'm ready to release it.

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:34 am

As long as you are exporting your shell to a different age, you won't need to change all the page_num values to 0. Just make sure your shell test age's prefix doesn't conflict with Pahts.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby D'eux » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:47 am

*** UPDATE ***
Ok, went back and changed everything back to the original page_num values. Then, a flash of inspiration (and a swift clobbering about the head for being such an idiot!) I realised that my spawnpoint didn't have the 'page_num' property assigned to it. Set that, and was able to link straight into my Shell - woot!
Hope my idiocy helps someone else avoid the same mistake :D

Well that's what I thought, but for some strange reason everytime I exported it and linked in, there was no geometry - just pale blue nothingness.

After changing the page_num values to 0, everything worked and that's what I stuck with. Of course, it would really be better to set up a link directly into the Shell and just run the Ahra Pahts v0.8 Age, but I hammered away at that until my eyeballs were bleeding with no success :(

I'll try the export to a standalone Age without changing the page_num values later tonight and just see if I was being a dufus :)

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Previous

Return to Ahra Pahts