Is there a Phats Book Tutorial

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Is there a Phats Book Tutorial

Postby J'Kla » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:27 am

Pahts is a little unusual in the way things are implimented with this page_num business

Has anybody done a tutorial on adding Linking Journals or ordinary Journals into a shell and if so can we get a link in the Wiki.

If not could we get one knocked together

Obvoiusly theres going to be changes to the alcscript and where and how do you pack the python.

I found the ShellSubmissionCheckList but a tutorial wold be cool and would probably result in a few more completed shells.

;)
J'Kla

Re: Is there a Phats Book Tutorial

Postby Luna » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:53 am

Linking books/Journals work much the same as usual except that you should name the python files right (look in the pak file to see how others did it.) For some reason Linking books/Journals are kinda hard to do (could be normal) so make sure you have enough patience in house >.>. Look up the latest templates by D'Lanor and read the comments in it. And ask questions when it isn't working >.> I did a few months ago now so you could also have a look at that thread, not sure whether there is anything useful in it.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby J'Kla » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:39 pm

This is why I'm asking about a tut even when your experienced making stuff for Ages, Pahts is just that little bit strange as for "look in the pak file" I can manage look at the pack file LOL. Looking in it now I'm into a world of strangenessssss. :D
J'Kla

Postby J'Kla » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:02 pm

I've decided to stop the headache and give up on beatting my head against the wall.

I've included my code but put it in spoiler tags to reduce the post.

I've got the click working in my shell with Click Objects "122Journal01" and "122BookLink01".

I've decompiled the python from a Drizzled Phats to make sure I have the required py files to rebuild a full phats.pak with my python files included.

I have four py files these are:

s122.py
Show Spoiler

s122BookGUI.py
Show Spoiler

s122PageDefs
Show Spoiler

s122Journals.py
Show Spoiler

I'm using UruPython to build my replacement Pahts.pak and the other shells with content appear to be working I've looked at the other py files decompiled and also dug around in my working python for Enobmort and Noidrocca.

The PAK builds without error the alcscript looks to be playing as I get a hot spot on both the link and the journal but they do nothing on click.

I have re-checked the alcscript and as far as I can see it's calling the correct s122BookGUI file.

This has had lots of change but I dare say it's something simple and I would apreciate anyone with a spare ounce fresh vision for help. ;)
J'Kla

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:00 am

Try swapping the names in this line.

not...
's122Journal01': (PageStart + (Journal01 % plyrName))}

but...
'Journal01': (PageStart + (s122Journal01 % plyrName))}

There may also be errors in the cover images. Do those names really have spaces?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby J'Kla » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 am

Thanks D'Lan I'll try that but you've probably nailed it and yes I dare say I have file names with spaces and spaces where there shouldn't be therefore I was being stupid. Like I said I thought it would be someting stoopid on my part.

Yep thats the linking working now all I need to sort out is the journal but knowing the linking is sorted helps me.

Now I know I have a clickable that does something and you may have solved en Nilodnam link as well. :D
J'Kla

Return to Ahra Pahts