Latest version

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Postby zib_redlektab » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:53 pm

Ok so I'm wondering where I can find the latest version of Ahra Pahts (and what the version number of it is).

Once I get a response I'll pin this and we can just update this post to point to the latest version. :)

----------------Ahra Pahts Versions----------------
v0.8: http://agebuilders.vofd.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=258
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:59 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, Aloys, but I believe it is the v0.8 as mentioned in this post:

http://agebuilders.vofd.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=258
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Aloys » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:20 am

That's right. :)
(well I did produce a version 0.8.5 at some point but it was so buggy I didn't released it <_< )
Aloys

Postby Trylon » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:34 pm

If you wish to make it available though ULM, just let me know, and we'll (try to) make it happen....

The complexity of ahra pahts would make it quite the stress test on ULM ;)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Raniass'i » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:14 pm

Personally I would say let's see it. This group is pretty much dieing from what I've heard. And I for one would love to see the age even if its not finished.
Raniass'i

Postby Aloys » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:38 am

The forum is not very active these days that's right. We're going through a difficult period because Cyan is supposed to release tools for Uru Live sooner (hopefully) or later (mroe likely) and any work we might do now might go to waste because their new tools might be incompatible with what we have now.. So we're waiting for any new info from them. This is a bit frustrating...

Anyhow the work on Ahra isn't dying, far from it, in fact those last couple weeks have seen quite a bit of work on it. It's just that I have posted anything yet. I'm going through a 'less talk more work' phase with this project right now. :P
I had put a lot of time and energy into it last year but got burned out and frustrated by bugs that couldn't be fixed.. (and that I still haven't fixed for some of them) So right now I producing visual content (new courtyards, various objects, and new textures) and I'll see about actual implementation and bug fixing later..

But I'd rather not release a new version where you can barely walk around whithout seeing a bug every five feet.. <_<
Aloys

Postby Raniass'i » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:57 pm

If you say so.

On the bugs I've seen my fair share already. I've beta tested a few games in the past. To me at this stage I don't mind seeing bugs compared to not seeing it at all. Which is a good possibility seeing how Cyan hasn't mentioned the tools in months now.
Raniass'i

Postby zib_redlektab » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:42 am

also, the city is still kinda boring since there are no shells available yet...

im not pointing a finger here, im just saying that i dont think people will be all that impressed with a buggy and very uniform city...
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:07 pm

You are both right.
The city is kinda 'boring' right now cause it's very repetitive. And It's repetitive because it doesn't have shells. But to motive people to work on their shells the best solution is to release a new version. But I wouldn't want to release a new version because of the bugs.. but we need a new version...
Quite a nice vicious circle if you ask me. :D

So I am working on a new version which will include quite a number of new content (new courtyards especially) and I'll release it as soon as I think it is 'ready' even if it has bugs..
At least we will have new stuff to show and the project will move forward. :)
Aloys

Postby mar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:43 am

I have spend a lot of time at my shells but I am stucked in blender and exporting problems. :unsure: I know I can ask for help at this forum but when there are so few post it is not inviting to do that for a real beginner.

It is very important to communicated in this forum. Because, that is one of the things that hold the agebuilders together and activate people to work at there ages/shells. :D
Further we must not ONLY wait of what Cyan shall bring us. I think we must bet on more than one horse. I refer also to the last part of the post of Almlys at the Alcugsforum

I am not so long a agebuilder and I think some people of you are sad about the closing of the SHARDS in UU and that must be respectated. But that must be not a reason to let this forum die!!!!!!!!!.We can go further making ages and work on Ahra Paths.
Ahra Paths is a unique project that is worth to be a success. :P :D :rolleyes:

As reply on my one writing, I will ask of there is someone who will help me with little but for me big problems in agebuilding. :unsure: I hope with that support that I can contributed to my part of shells for Ahra Paths. :lol:

In this context I will ask also if it is a good idea to make a public hood at MOUL. I know Robert the Rebuilder has tried to make one. But if the hood is there, it is not public and so people who are interrested can not come there. In UU there was also a public hood for the agebuilders.

The last thing I will say is that al the people who where on the meeting of Eric. L were very interested so with each other we can do it!!!!!!!!!! B)
mar

Next

Return to Ahra Pahts