Latest version - (v.0.8.9.5 - Dec. 12 2007)

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: Latest version - (v.0.8.9.5 - Dec. 12 2007)

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:45 pm

"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby L. DaVinci » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:31 pm

Alright!.. I got into Ahra Pahts. Thanks for the mirror link for UruFun D'Lanor.
Now that I'm finally in here, I'm just really wowed. The screenshots really don't do this place justice.
Anyway.. guess I'm back to working on my blender tutorials so I can start modelding.

Your fellow writer,
DaVinci.
L. DaVinci

Postby Kellinar » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:50 am

Boy, do I need help! I've tried for a couple of days now, but I still get an error downloading Ages on the ULM. I get an unhandled exception that says it couldn't find C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst\ULM\LinkingBooks.txt. I got the ULM link from the GoW wiki.

I have already downloaded the latest version of Ahra Pahts in all the appropriate files, yet I cannot get my ULM to work properly. The only thing I see in UbiSoft.......ULM is a folder called Images and appears to be empty.

Btw, I am a total noob at everything - so please have patience with me.
Beware - I am an absolute total noob, so use small words...
Kellinar

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:54 am

When you installed ULM, were there any error messages that appeared?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Kellinar » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Sorry - I forgot to mention I did have it running earlier and the Ahra Pahts book was red with a tear in it. I did manage to get into Ahra Pahts, but except for the lone building - I believe yours, the place is a ghost town. So, I figured other people have got to have something in their Shells and I deleted and reinstalled ULM. I ended up transferring the scrapped files just so the books would appear on the left side of ULM.

I still have a malfunctioning Ahra Pahts link and a really empty city.

PS I just remembered I had to run UruFun just so I can link into Ahra Pahts and not back to my desktop.
Kellinar

Postby Nadnerb » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:10 pm

Ahra Pahts i mostly empty because ... well, it's mostly empty. So far, I think only one shell (robert's) has been officially submitted, and while others are in progress, none are in the release version.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Kellinar » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Thanks Nadnerb - that explains the emptiness. Yet, I read posts of those who have constructed and submitted their shells and I wondered if I would see anyone elses shell but Bob's.

Anyway, I still need the Ahra Pahts book fixed because at this point I cannot update it through the ULM and I'm looking everywhere for an answer. Like I said before, I'm a total noob with no programming skills, so I can't even guess of how to possibly fix this. Anybody come across the red book problem?
Kellinar

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:33 pm

I think the red book is because of the broken .sum file that comes with the latest Ahra Pahts. You'll need to fix it using UruFun - see the link in D'Lanor's post above.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby mckendall » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:26 pm

I have the red book in my ULM,but I can get into AP fine. Running urufun helped get me in. Maybe we need a mirror site and let it update like that,just a wishfull thought.
mckendall

Postby Atheni33 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:47 pm

I am not for sure what I am doing wrong but I can't get Ahra Pahts book in my Relto. I have done everthing posted in this thread. I am using the most current version (v.0.8.9.5) and have no previous versions.

I have installed CC and completed the cleft
Installed Microsoft .Net v2.0 runtime for ULM
Installed UruLibraryManager into the correct folder
I unzipped Ahra Pahts and put the Python files in the URU Python folder, that dat files in the URU dat folder and the sdl in the URU sdl folder. I ran ULM and was able to run another fan age with no problems. (which was cool)

I finally downloaded and ran the URU Fun on everything! It detected a couple of sum files but they all check out fine. I get no errors message, nothing crashes just no book on my shelf. The only thing I notice is the book in ULM is blue not red. Can anyone help? :roll:

Edit:
I reinstalled ULM and it seems to be working fine now! I was able to get int Ahra Pahts..OMG it's amazing!! And I found my two Shells which are near a small park.

Atheni33

PreviousNext

Return to Ahra Pahts