Latest version - (v.0.8.9.5 - Dec. 12 2007)

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: Latest version - (v.0.8.8 - Nov. 22 2007)

Postby Goofy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:42 am

Just wanted to let you know I downloaded your age and while I like it, its just to new ;) Could you crack a few walls or something (if you know what I mean) Also I found a nexus linking book pedestal that was rather low. well its lower then the others. Its right next to shell 207 in the grass.
We keep moving forward,
openning up new doors and doing new things,
Because we're curious... and curiosity keeps
leading us down new paths

Walt Disney

Keep moving forward
Goofy

Postby Dovahn » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Aloys wrote:What is the exact error message you are getting?
If it is "Some files are missing or are corrupted" then it looks like a problem with your Ahra Pahts installation. If it is something else then it's indeed another problem.
(I will try and finally upload the Age on ULM, that should at least avoid installation problems..)

Yes, I get "Some game files are missing or corrupted. Please reinstall URU". And that was after trying it a second time from blank.

I dunno. I can just wait until it's uploaded on ULM.

Dovahn
Dovahn

Postby MustardJeep » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:57 pm

Hey Aloys,

Just wanted to drop a line, Ahra Phats is finally on the [GoMa] - Supporter ULM and the most recent release v.0.8.8. Everyone currently looking at the Age in our group should be transfered to the new version in a couple days. Trylon's update to the ULM worked like a charm and Phats loaded into the database easy as you please.
MustardJeep

Postby Aloys » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Thanks a lot for that MJ! :) (Now I only need to get it on the regulard ULM..)

Dovahn: could you try downloading Ahra from the GoMa ULM library and see if it fixes your problem? (to access it: it ULM click the "ULM Setting" button and in the windows that opens up enter this adress: "http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/Ages/library.php5" . Beware: it'll overwrite the regular adress, so you might want to copy it somewhere if you want to restore it later)
Aloys

Postby Dovahn » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:04 pm

Unfortunately I get the same error, but it's a bit more lucid: in ULM I get a "Some files were not downloaded correctly" warning, and the Ahra Pahts book appears red with a tear in it. Is there perhaps a log somewhere that can tell you exactly what's missing?

After a little poking around (right click on the age, click "Show Book Info", I found a "Version" selector. When I set it to "Version 1" it gives me a list of files, almost all of which are "Invalid". When set to version 2, they are all okay except for Pahts.xml.md5, which is "Missing".

Also, in the "dat" folder, I see a lot of (what I think are) unecessary ",prp.md5" files. Is that significant?

I'm trying to give as much info as I can, to help solve this problem. We'll figure it out eventually.

Dovahn
Dovahn

Postby MustardJeep » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:32 pm

Version one of Ahra Phats is mostly invalid because at that point the ULM couldn't process it. Trylon updated the ULM client however, so it works now. :D

Ok just went in and deleted the busted xml.md5 link in the [goma]-supporter ulm.

As for the md5 thing in general I noticed that as well; I'll have to remember to ask Trylon about that.
MustardJeep

Re: Latest version - (v.0.8.9 - Dec. 10 2007)

Postby Aloys » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:17 pm

v 0.8.9 is online. (see download link in the first post of the thread)

It is a 'minor' version because it only features one bug fix (missing linking panels when clicking on Prin Pahts nexus books). It also feature an update to Robert The Rebuilder's shell (#111), but as you will see if you check it out it will not lead it you inside the shell, in fact it will keep you out even more.

As previously, make sure to delete any previous Ahra Pahts file you may have installed before you install these.. (also you may notice that now there is a new SDL file that must be installed in the SDL Uru folder.)

As mentionned before this will be the last update before the Age finally reach version 1 toward the end of the month.
Aloys

Re: Latest version - (v.0.8.9.5 - Dec. 12 2007)

Postby Kato » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:42 pm

Having some kind of issue--this is the first version I've installed on this URU installation and I'm getting a "Some game files are missing or...etc." error. I tried to redo the SUM with PlasmaShop and it threw up an error. This is with the latest version.

Any suggestions?
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby Paradox » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:36 pm

Is it giving you the error when linking to Ahra Pahts?

You could try re-sum'ing all of the Ages in case something else has gone bad.
Paradox

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:57 am

Kato: Try deleting all your Pahts* files from your dat folder, then installing it again. I think Mar and some others had the same issue, and this fixed it for them; they had older versions of the age which was causing problems.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

PreviousNext

Return to Ahra Pahts