Latest version - (v.0.8.9.5 - Dec. 12 2007)

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: Latest version - (v.0.8.9.5 - Dec. 12 2007)

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:45 am

Welcome to GoW, MysBibi!

You would put the files in the URU CC folders. Specifically:

- Put the dat files in the dat subdirectory
- Put the Python files in the Python subdirectory
- Put the sdl files in the sdl subdirectory

Then start ULM, and on the Personal ages tab, drag Ahra Pahts over to the right side. Exit ULM, then start URU. You'll find a new book on your Relto shelf for Ahra Pahts.

Good luck!
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby MysBibi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:43 am

Thanks Robert. I will do it! Yes I will!
MysBibi

Postby MysBibi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:52 pm

I moved the Python, sdl and dat into the corresponding folders. When I started the ULM there is no AP book. Perhaps it has been removed? There is also a sfx file. Should I be concerned with that? I moved the Python, sdl and dat file folders back out of URU CCto await further instructions. I do move the whole folder of each don't I? Also The file needs to be in my URU folder not Cyan Worlds. Right?

This is so basic to you guys but major for me. Thanks for your help and patience. I am going to make a backup copy now in case I really blow it.
MysBibi

Postby D'Lanor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:29 pm

MysBibi wrote:I moved the Python, sdl and dat into the corresponding folders. When I started the ULM there is no AP book. Perhaps it has been removed? There is also a sfx file. Should I be concerned with that? I moved the Python, sdl and dat file folders back out of URU CCto await further instructions. I do move the whole folder of each don't I? Also The file needs to be in my URU folder not Cyan Worlds. Right?

This is so basic to you guys but major for me. Thanks for your help and patience. I am going to make a backup copy now in case I really blow it.

You did look under the Personal ages tab, right? Do NOT move those folders out of your Uru CC folder because they contain other required game files.

If only the Pahts files were in those folders after you moved them to Uru CC then that is not the location where Uru CC is installed. Which would explain why nothing shows up.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Ehren » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:19 pm

Will version 1 be here soon? (Like in April or May?) Is it still being worked on? It seems so quiet about Ahra Pahts lately, this is one of the coolest projects that I've seen. I'd want to make a shell too if I could know how to make ages, but it is too complicated. I hope this project isn't dying down, are most people who even signed up for shells still around the community?

Yeah, sorry, I've been bored lately.
Ehren

Postby Aloys » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:19 am

Hi Ehren, thank you for wondering about Ahra. :)
The project is not dying, not at all, I actually work quite a bit on it, but this Age is so big and there is so much new stuff in this new version that it takes a lot of time to get it ready...
You are right about one thing though, I haven't given much updates lately. I will fix that this week end and post something.
Aloys

Postby Szark » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:38 am

- Put the dat files in the dat subdirectory
- Put the Python files in the Python subdirectory
- Put the sdl files in the sdl subdirectory
I take it I do the same for the slx files as well?
Then start ULM, and on the Personal ages tab, drag Ahra Pahts over to the right side. Exit ULM, then start URU. You'll find a new book on your Relto shelf for Ahra Pahts.

Cheers
Szark
Szark

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:33 am

Yes - the same for the sfx files. Sorry about the omission.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Szark » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:47 am

Sorry about the omission
No problem Robert, just thought I would check, cheers.
Szark
Thanks I am in now. Wow it is big. Are all those linking books in the Vault (not sure if that is the right term)for shells that are done?
Szark

Postby Dot » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 pm

Hi Szark

The vault is called 'Prin Pahts'. The linking books take you to different parts of the city -- using them is quicker than walking. ;)

Only a few shells are done right now, but many more are (no doubt) being worked on.

Try visiting shells 111, 119 and 201. The first two are puzzle shells by Robert the Rebuilder and Grogyan. The third is a sort of light show by Paradox.
Dot

PreviousNext

Return to Ahra Pahts