Latest version - (v.0.8.9.5 - Dec. 12 2007)

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: Latest version - (v.0.8.8 - Nov. 22 2007)

Postby mar » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:49 am

I have follow up the answer from Paradox. I jump and now I am in my hut but I can do nothing. My Relto is different from what I first had :? , there is must more stuff than that there ever was , I thought this is a H'uru joke :lol: . Also my bookshell is with must books but no linking book to Ahra Paths. :?:

What must I do?????????????

Mar
mar

Postby Aloys » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:52 am

It looks like you are missing python.pak in your Uru/Python directory. Maybe you have deleted it when you installed Ahra Pahts? Or you have deleted the Python folder in Uru?
(have you tried to install the Fly Mode recently? or ULM? Something may have gone when you installed it because it modifies the python.pak.)
If you are missing Python.pak you must recover it. If you don't have a copy of it you will have to reinstall Uru.
(I don't remember if when you reinstall Uru it overwrites all the saved games.. It might be more prudent to install to a different folder, take the python.pak and copy it to your old Uru directory.)
Aloys

Postby Chacal » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Sorry for stating the obvious: before doing any modification of your game (flymode, new Ages, ULM...) you should take a backup of your normal game. It is simply a matter of copying the Uru: ABM folder to a different location. I had to recover files many times during the last 3 years.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby mar » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:40 am

Thanks Aloys for your solution. Yes I have thrown away the Python pak in a state of madness I think :x . I have to reinstalled the game again in Dutch they say "Helaas pindakaas " translateted in Englisch "It's a pitty peanutbutter"
A silly frase. :lol:

Chacal thanks for the hint of saving the files FOR you change something. I know that and said it many times to others but doing it by myself that is something different.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

PS, Is it a solution that someone pm me a python.pak. I didn't know of the "pak" is personal game related :?: :?: :?: If not please send me one it's timesaving. :roll:

Mar
mar

Postby mar » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:51 am

My problem with the missing python pak is over :P :P so thanks for help.

Mar
mar

Postby Dovahn » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:31 pm

I've got a problem - I installed the previous Pahts just fine, and it worked for me. However, when I tried to run this one (and I followed the instructions exactly as it said), when I linked, I got an error saying that I was missing key files, and that I should reinstall URU. Since the previous one worked, I assume that I'm missing something this time (or when I cleared out the old one, I deleted something important...)

Thanks for your help,

Dovahn
Dovahn

Postby Aloys » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:32 pm

The version contains everything needed to run the Age. Make sure you have delete all the "Pahts" file on the /Dat directory. (That's: Pahts.Age Pahts.fni Pahts.Sum and all the Pahts_something.PRP) And then copy all the files from the /dat folder of the new version here. (also copy the new Pahts.pak file from /Python in your Uru/Python directory)
Aloys

Postby Dovahn » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:59 am

Yep, I did that.

I'm going to try again later today, and also try to go into an other fan-made age, to see if it's just Pahts or if it's all of my ages. If it is, I've got a completely different problem on my hands. :|

Dovahn
Dovahn

Postby Aloys » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:48 am

What is the exact error message you are getting?
If it is "Some files are missing or are corrupted" then it looks like a problem with your Ahra Pahts installation. If it is something else then it's indeed another problem.
(I will try and finally upload the Age on ULM, that should at least avoid installation problems..)
Aloys

Postby mar » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:17 am

I have had, a little while ago the same error and I got the advice to delete all my "paths"files in my dat folder. :cry: After that I must reload the dat folder again with the new paths files.

The reason what was given for the trouble was, that if a old file is left with the new one's, you can get that error. I have deleted all the paths files and reload the new ones and yes I was able to get access to Ahra Paths again. May be this will help. :P :P

Mar
mar

PreviousNext

Return to Ahra Pahts