Latest version - (v.0.8.9.5 - Dec. 12 2007)

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Latest version - (v.0.8.9.5 - Dec. 12 2007)

Postby Aloys » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:11 am

Ahra Pahts v. 0.8.C (March 11 2008)

=> Download (23 megs)

All the new versions appear here, as well as the associated release notes; the link above always takes you to the latest version (I don't keep previous versions online).

** Update: (March 11) **
The latest version has been updated, it is now version 0.8.C. This version was actually done specially for the Rapid Age Creation Contest three weeks ago, it includes two new shells #201 (by Paradox) and 119 (by Grogyan).
Aloys

Re: Latest version - (v.0.8.8 - Nov. 22 2007)

Postby Aloys » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:14 am

Ahra Pahts v. 0.8.8 (Nov. 22 2007)

New content:
- All shells now have a unique ID number plaque above the door
- 'Shell Reserved' signs have been put in front of reserved shells. (the text on them is just some temporary OOC fun)
- Maps have been added in the large courtyards as well as near the link-in point
- Direction signs have been added in some courtyards that point to the nearest district. (Signs for the Hub will be here as soon as it's back)
- A temporary large light has been placed in the spot of the currently-missing hub to further help orientation
- Light flares have been added on the large lamps on top of the district walls (soon we'll need to rename the Age the city of lights...)
- There is an updated courtyard somewhere in the blue district. (I'll let you explore to find it..)
- First customized shell by Robert The Rebuilder: Shell #111 in the white district.

Fixed issues:
- Fixed collision issue on the floor of some shells where you could fall through the floor
- The linking time to Prin Pahts nexus should now be very short even when linking in third person.
- PRP textures file is much smaller so the Age will be faster to load and performance is slightly better (I had forgotten to enable texture compression on previous versions, 'oops')
- Minor tweak on some light flares who were not in the correct position
(If you see any bug, please tell me)

Known Issues:
(Keep in mind that the Age is still under construction, and things might be broken, or missing, or temporary, or might work in a version and be broken in the following one)

- Everything in the large courtyards (the large triangular spaces at the center of each district) is temporary. These courtyards haven't been built yet, they are being planned.
- Most Light flares have transparency issues.
- The linking panels on the Prin Pahts nexus books in the city don't appear. But the books work, if you just click where the linking panel should be you will be taken to the nexus.
- There is still no 'real' light in the Age, except for the avatar. That's why it looks so bright and flat.
- The Hub (the large building in the center) is currently missing; it is being reworked; a very high lamppost has been put in place as a temporary landmark
- The canals railings are still temporary, and so are the collisions.
- You can slide on some part of the frozen water, but not on others.
- The footsteps sounds are incorrect.
Aloys

Postby boblishman » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:24 am

Aloys wrote:Ahra Pahts v. 0.8.8 (Nov. 22 2007)

- The linking panels on the Prin Pahts nexus books in the city don't appear. But the books work, if you just click where the linking panel should be you will be taken to the nexus.

Sorry to report that the books are not working for me... I see the linking panels and get the hotspot...but the book GUI does not open so I am not able to link to Prin Pahts.. :(

However, ...I love the new addition (tall waterfall) in front of my shell... :D
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Aloys » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:45 am

The books work perfectly fine on my computer; try to delete all the Pathts files from your Dat and Python Uru directories and reinstall the new ones.

I am glad you like the new waterfall. Since it is a bit of a bold design I feared you might not like it. ;) (in which case I would have moved it to a different courtyard)
Aloys

Postby boblishman » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:50 pm

Aloys wrote: The books work perfectly fine on my computer; try to delete all the Pathts files from your Dat and Python Uru directories and reinstall the new ones.

DOH!! ... stupid me...I forgot about the Pahts.pak file needing to go into the Uru Python folder! (Maybe you could put a reminder into the Readme.txt file for any newbies downloading for the first time! ... It's working perfectly now ... :D

Aloys wrote: I am glad you like the new waterfall. Since it is a bit of a bold design I feared you might not like it. ;) (in which case I would have moved it to a different courtyard)

yes, yes, yes.... I love it! ... :D

I was a bit frustrated though about Robert's Shell..... after running around for 30 mins I fianlly found it (I'n not good with orienteering!) ... and it was CLOSED! .....arrrghgh....come on Robert...get those doors open!

boblishman

missing texture?

Postby boblishman » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:56 pm

Oh...I just noticed... is there a texture missing on the new waterfall?...

boblishman

Postby Aloys » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:03 pm

boblishman wrote:DOH!! ... stupid me...I forgot about the Pahts.pak file needing to go into the Uru Python folder! (Maybe you could put a reminder into the Readme.txt file for any newbies downloading for the first time! ... It's working perfectly now ... :D

Good, you had me worried here for a second. ;)

boblishman wrote:I was a bit frustrated though about Robert's Shell..... after running around for 30 mins I fianlly found it (I'n not good with orienteering!) ... and it was CLOSED! .....arrrghgh....come on Robert...get those doors open!

Haha that screenshot is great! :D I can totally read the frustration in your avatar's pose.. Hey is that your shell in the background? :)

boblishman wrote:is there a texture missing on the new waterfall?...

Yes, several in fact; the courtyard is not complete yet. Also, obviously the water isn't animated yet.. I can't wait till we can do that. *cough*cough*
Aloys

Postby mar » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:48 pm

:( :( Help my door of my hut on my Relto can''t open anymore. A bug maybe ?
Am I the only one who has this after downloading the latest version. :o ???????
When I running for my door I have sometimes a shot of inside the hut but that is one second and than it is over. :evil:
Can someone help me ?????

Mar
mar

Postby Aloys » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:08 pm

That's strange, their is no reason why this Age would block the door of you Relto...
Do you have the Fly mode installed? You could fly inside your hut and open it from the inside.
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:27 pm

If you jump off the side of Relto, you link back into the hut.
Paradox

Next

Return to Ahra Pahts