Ahra Pahts v.0.8.8 available

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Ahra Pahts v.0.8.8 available

Postby Aloys » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:20 am

After a number of problems, bugs and delays here is the new version.
As I mentionned previously it includes lots of new stuff, essentially: maps, direction signs, shell numbers plaques, shells 'reserved' signs, and a newly customized courtyard in the blue district. Also as a nice last minute surprise I very am happy to include the first customized shell. It is Robert's shell in the white district (number 111); it is still 'under construction', but it is here.
This version also fixes various issues and bugs (collision bugs mostly). Unfortunately because there is a lot of new content there are also a couple new bugs as well. The two most noticeable being that: 1) light flares now have transparency issues. (Hopefully that will be fixed in the next version thanks to the latest PyPRP release.) 2) The linking panels on the Prin Pahts nexus books in the city don't appear. But the books work, if you just click where the linking panel should be you will be taken to the nexus.

=> Download (24 megs)

For shell owners: because the shells numbers and the 'reserved' signs are new they are not in the shell files you have. So they are currently part of the city but will disappear when you release your shells. If you want to add them to your own shell files you can download this file. It contains all the numbers and signs for the registered shells. Then you can open your shell file and simply import what you need using shift-f1 (or using the 'File'>'Append or Link' menu). The objects names begin with the shell numbers, so you can find easily what you want. Let me know if you encounter any problems.

--

Finally, as you have probably noticed I have created a new 'Latest version' sticky topic which will always contain the link to the latest version, so it's easier to find it. Also, this is where I will now put the lengthy release notes.
Aloys

Re: Ahra Pahts v.0.8.8 available

Postby Aloys » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:31 am

Something I forgot to mention for shell owners: If you want to get the shells numbers or 'reserved' signs,you will need to update your textures as well. Just redownload the textures.zip file I sent you with your shell; (you can get it here . )
Aloys

Return to Ahra Pahts