Shell ideas

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Shell ideas

Postby Marcello » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi all,

I have two cells ready to be filled with tons of polygons, but find it hard to come up with something :oops: . I haven't been able to get inspired by others, since nobody posts anything about their shells :cry:

So... what's that about? Is everyone very, very secretive about their shell? :shock: Shy maybe? :? Or are you all having the same problems I have coming up with something original? :o

My ideas up till now:
- maze with communal plaza in the middle
- little meditterenean street with plaza
- gallery/museum kinda place with strange floating objects

Please... please share your images and inspire me :idea: :)
Marcello

Re: Shell ideas

Postby Aloys » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:53 pm

I'd love to share something, but unfortunately I don't have the time to work on my shell, because I am still quite busy working on the rest of the Age. :(
Robert has already released a first version of its shell (but the door is closed so you can't see what's inside :P )
I know Paradox and Boblishman have made some progress. Paradox's work can be seen in his journal here, and there is a pic of part of Boblishman's shell here. That's all I've seen so far.
I think most people are just really taking their time with this.. But I'd love to see more too. ;)
Aloys

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:25 am

Over a year ago, Nadnerb had posted images of his shell on the shell sign-up sheet. He may have the claim to fame as being the first one to do so.

Picutres:
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Aloys » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:49 am

Ah! you just solved a mystery for me here Robert. The other week when sorting out old Ahra Pahts pictures in my folders I stumbled on that first picture you posted, it was dated from august 06. I tried to remember who had done it but couldn't figure it out.. So I thought it must have been one of the people that registered during the initial shell sign-up rush last year and then went away.. I totally need to remotivate Nadnerb about that shell. :P
Aloys

Postby MustardJeep » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:36 pm

@Marcello

:D Shy, NOT! :lol:

Shell 121 is coming along nice and easy but is only just getting off the drawing board. In the interest of curiosity I'll 'fess up with a few of my doodles, the ground floor I am still working on but the roof is almost fully planned. I'm planning a rooftop garden/greenhouse to showcase the plants in the Fan Ages. :D Small walkways, little nooks and crannies, lots of little beds for plants, and a few water features if and when my betters figure out adding sound and animating water reliably. It's not as high on the priority list as the ground floor since the main attractions will be borrowed from other Ages (Their writers willing. :) ), but I haven't felt the urge to fiddle with my rough blueprints on the garden in over a week.

The ground floor however is a different kettle of fish. :lol:

The main idea for that is office space for the [GoMa]-Supporters, a place to hang our hat as it were. Journals of our inspections in the Ages, pictures of Fan Ages, some misc odds and ends to add some IC-ness to it. Danged if I can figure out the floor plan I want though. :lol: I've redrawn that floor about a dozen times this week alone, and am seriously thinking of redrawing it a dozen more. If I get lucky one of my sketches will seem better then the others eventually and aloys will be able to include a merely vacant shell 121 (Ready to move into) instead of a empty one.
MustardJeep

Postby Grogyan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:07 pm

I have in mind for my shell a puzzle, amongst other things, that has 4 or more overlapping planes, no idea at the mo what it'll do, but its just an idea, i'm waiting on several future versions of the plugin before I can even start.

Coding any puzzle will be a nightmare for me, never played with python, so that'll be a puzzle in itself.

If you want, make a Rube Goldberg contraption, those are always entertaining :lol:
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Atheni33 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:29 am

I am new to the GOW and never built and age before. I thought I start out with something small...but my project is turning out to be HUGE ..think Guggenheim Bilbao Huge. :lol: I am planning on a contemporary/futuristic museum that is partially submerged under water. There are two small parks, one on each side of the upper level with tall trees, flora and benches. I may have a sculpture place near the entry later on. I am working hard not to waste these 3 shells on some hiddeous monstrosity so I may not start building it until I perfected my skills. I can post some sketches later this week.
Atheni33

Postby T_S_Kimball » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:17 pm

I have some things in store for the 'shell triad' I have down south:

-> Final location and expansion of my old 'Memorial Gardens' from Second Life

-> Museum/Puzzle regarding the history and evolution of barriers (this came to mind as a Bollard Farm took root at our old datacenter building)

-> A Library of Journals (will allow submissions), including T_S's and Alan Kiesler's memoirs

--TSK
Timothy S. Kimball | The Kind Healer -- http://sungak.net
Pahts Shells 420 {Basic layout - 70%; Text for books - 20%}
T_S_Kimball

Return to Ahra Pahts