Introductions

Postby Aloys » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:12 pm

06.08.06 -- Introductions

This is something I have meant to do for a while, but lacked the time to actually do. But as they say: you don't 'have' the time to do something, you need to actively 'find' it. So I've made this one of my priorities and intent to write here regularly. Keeping a journal can be relaxing, useful, and just plain enjoyable; I hope it'll be all that for you as much as for it will probably be for me.

This is an OOC journal, I'll talk about my part of work on the Age of Ahra Pahts. I'll go down and dirty with the details of the creation and continuous evolution of this Age: 3d modelling, texturing, bugs I have to fight (or had to), creative and productive processes, how this work fit in the grander scheme of the Age; and occassionaly may rant about the odd Custom Ages/Community related question. I will also from time to time share some Blender tips (or other tips) I discover or learned along the way. I won't talk about: story and IC-related maters. Or only if they closely relate to the topic at hand. This is not my part in this Age; and some people will talk about this much better than I could anyway. As much as I could probably sometimes verge on IC-ness and speak of the Age as if 'it were real and I were there' I will really try to keep this journal on the OOC technical side of things.
I hope you won't find it too boring; I know I can be quite verbose when I write.

Quick off topic note: I am french, and I use the european method of writing dates: day/month/year. I apologize in advance to those who might be unsettled by this; but that is how I've been doing for over 20 years, and some habits just won't go easily..

Since the project is already at quite an advanced stage, in the next entry I'll write about how the city came to be: the methods (and sometimes lack of) I used, and how this city went from a mere sketch on paper to a full blown Age using Blender and Photoshop, but also a bit of Excel, one Pizza, and numerous ABBA songs...

~ Aloys
Aloys

Postby Besharen » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:16 pm

Good luck with your journal; it certainly sounds like it will be interesting to read (at least for me...) :P
Besharen

Postby J'anim Paedet » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:42 pm

(...and me!)
And I agree -- I've always liked the idea of a journal; this is a good place for one. I look forward to reading your entries, no matter how verbose they are! ;)
J'anim Paedet

Postby The Enlightened » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:12 pm

Movel Tov my friend, this is a much needed step to further our communication.
The Enlightened

Return to Aloys's Journal