Break from building: personal stuff

Moderator: Marcello

Break from building: personal stuff

Postby Marcello » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:47 am

To all my friends here,

In the upcoming week(s) I won't be able to be here much or at all. I have other things on my mind and more practically... probably won't have an internet connection where I'll stay.

I already posted about this in another thread. Last week I broke up with my GF after almost 16 years of being together. There is not much to say about it. We are not in a fight, have had great years, but for me the feeling is gone and has been for too long. Being 35 I had to decide to search for hapiness again. It's hard, especially for her, but we'll manage. We are going through this together as much as possible but have to take our distance too. Things are moving fast now and in the upcoming week I will already be looking at a few places to rent for a while. We decided it would not be wise for me to stay here, although it was a good decision to be at home the first few days. We want to keep things as amicable as possible and me being here would in the end ignite tension. I will be at my sisters for a while.

So... sigh... relieve? Yes... Pain? Definitely, Sure I'm doing the right thing? As sure as I can be Afraid? Oh boy yes!! I haven't been through something like this before. But... also excited about doing new stuff and explore life again.

My... and this is the first time I'm saying this... "ex-girlfriend", will leave for her sister in the States for two week on Sunday . I will be here then and hope to drop in a few times or will do so from the office. In case I won't be able to.... I will be back as soon as I can.

Grtz and thnx for listening,

Marcello
Marcello

Re: Break from building: personal stuff

Postby mar » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Marcello,

Wat een rotperiode voor je. Ik hoop dat je steun kan vinden bij je zussen/familie en eventuele vrienden. Dit soort besluiten gooien je hele leven doorelkaar, doen veel pijn en kosten emmers energie.
Neem de tijd om de alles te verwerken en om jezelf weer te hervinden. Heel veel sterkte, blijf geloven in jezelf en de mogelijkheden die je in je hebt.

Marianne
mar

Postby greypiffle » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:18 pm

Hope you get through it ok. Keep up your chin and take it in quick easy steps.
TrueSpace and Harry Potter. like Peanut butter and jelly.
greypiffle

Postby Marcello » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:55 am

Just a small message from me.

Doing well considering. After the first two week dominated by relieve and looking forward, the past few days the extent of things are sinking in. So... some bad days right now. I'm sure I'll get through and kinda am happy to experience this feeling too. Part of the deal. And more will probably follow.

I already have a new place! I can move in the 1st of September. Looking forward to it. The upcoming two weeks my ex will be with here sister in Seattle so I will sleep in our house and start packing stuff. We are still good and managed to have some good talks about how to divide our belongings. Very happy we talk and even can laugh every now and then.

So since I will be in our old house I will drop in more frequently again.

Grtz and thnx for listening (reading)
Marcello

Postby greypiffle » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:36 pm

I'm sure it will get better. Keep up your chin and take it one day at a time... platitude...platitude.... etc.

No, really. Not much to say about a breakup. At least the two of you are still talking and not hating each other. Glad you found a place. Keep on keeping on.
TrueSpace and Harry Potter. like Peanut butter and jelly.
greypiffle

Postby Raider7 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:45 pm

G'day Marcello,
Sorry to hear about your breakup. It's a long time to be with someone almost 16 years. Great to hear that you two can talk to each other still, it will take time to get over your relationship, you will get there eventually. Also great to hear that you have somewhere to stay. Enjoy being single for a while, until the right woman comes along. If you would like to talk about anything I am here to listen, just PM me.
Raider7

Postby Marcello » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:24 am

Just to let you all know I'm still alive and try to have a look here every now and then.

Things are going better here, although the entire situation is still strange. Not that I expected everything to be back to "normal" this soon. I moved to a new place early this month and it's kinde turning into a home. Working on my laptop right now. I need my pc to have a good spot before I can catch up with age building again. It's not situated on the floor in the living room.Searching for a table for it. Hopefully I will be up and running within a few weeks.

Grtz to all of you!
Marcello

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:22 am

Good to hear from you, Marcello!
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Raider7 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:42 pm

Thanks for letting us know how you are going.
Raider7

Return to Marcello's Journal