Postby J'anim Paedet » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:16 pm

Another Hub update…

Things added:
New archway texture
Lower-level textures
Water and Glass transparency
New floors

Things Removed:
Stairs -- with Robert’s Nexus well underway, they become obsolete.

Things Generally Done:
Scaled down the buildings somewhat – the original structures were built in blatant Vaiskor tradition, which we’ve had quite enough of by now, thank you very much.

Things yet to do before next release:
Perfect some collision issues
Perfect some texture issues, including glass transparency and some misaligned wall textures.
Add new bridges between the towers
Finish texturing the towers and docks.

This version (version 3, if I’m not mistaken) will be the last version that includes few or no detailed objects. Version 4 will include maps, perhaps some boats, artwork (I made some woodcuts of the Hub which I might scan into the game, for example), and a podium and seating for the lower level.
Other suggestions as to what the Hub should include are more than welcome!
J'anim Paedet

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:57 pm

Fantastic, J'anim! Can't wait to explore it myself!
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Mystified Explorer » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:46 pm

Very nice! :D

Perhaps the Hub should have linking books to a few other fan-ages? Or maybe to D'ni?

Also why not have some pics of the other fan ages & activities in there? That'd look pretty good and would further convey the theme of community. ;)
Mystified Explorer

Postby J'anim Paedet » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:02 pm

[quote="Mystified Explorer"]Also why not have some pics of the other fan ages & activities in there? That'd look pretty good and would further convey the theme of community. ;)

Good idea! I'll start collecting some screenshots. Random thought: what do you all think about the gallery upstairs hosting images submitted by the explorers? We could put the frames on a rotation, so that (for example) every month or so they would change to different images. Or they could be updated every time the Map downstairs is, to make things simpler.

I do plan on there being at least one Linking Book in the Hub. What it will be, however, I'm not sure. I'm a bit reluctant to put other Age Linking Books there until we can explain exactly how and why they're there.
J'anim Paedet

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:17 am

[quote="J'anim Paedet"] I do plan on there being at least one Linking Book in the Hub. What it will be, however, I'm not sure. I'm a bit reluctant to put other Age Linking Books there until we can explain exactly how and why they're there.

There will be at least the linking books (one on the upper level, one on the lower level) to the Map Room/Prin Pahts, right?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:33 am

looks great! and It's good that you scaled things down a bit, since in the last version, the ramp to the top was actually fused with part of the roof wall surrounding the hub! although the supersized hub did have it's advantages, now I won't be able to walk on the roofs anymore. :(

pictures: (I never use flymode)
walltop
crouching tiger, hidden d'ni
oooh, lights
it's *gasp* my shell
the walls are a little insubstantial, don't you think?

and on an unrelated note, are we allowed to use the all the city textures in our shells?
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby J'anim Paedet » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:54 am

[quote="Robert The Rebuilder"]There will be at least the linking books (one on the upper level, one on the lower level) to the Map Room/Prin Pahts, right?

Indeed. Those will be easy to put in.

QUOTE (Nah'dneb)
and on an unrelated note, are we allowed to use the all the city textures in our shells?[/quote]
I'm not sure. You'd have to ask Aloys; I would assume so, at any rate. You're free to use the Hub textures if you like.
J'anim Paedet

Postby Marein » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:42 am

You can always use the city textures, except those from the hub. Nice work on that same hub, by the way! :lol:
Marein

Return to J'anim's Journal