Has anyone got any good title suggestions? I don't

Moderator: Marein

Postby Marein » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:57 am

So all the time I thought that importing .3ds from Blender to Cybermotion wasn't working, because there was nothing to see after importing, but then I tried rendering the scene, and WOAH! there was something there after all!
So the stupid thing is that Cybermotion doesn't display all the lines by default, just the most important ones (so obviously you see a cube in stead of a cube with a line on each side). So I turned those extra lines on, and guess what? There it was.
So I imported the actual shell into the file of my home for comparison. I figured out a while ago that two stories of my home should be about as high as the doorway to the shell to get the right proportions. I wanted to check this in-game though, so I imported back to Blender, but it asked me for a Size Constraint. What is this and what should I do with it? I just took the default number and now trying to figure out how to prepare it for Uru (after not having done that for a quite a while).
Anyways, here's the reason I needed another shell:

Here's what it looks like in 1 shell:

So that looks kinda okay, doesn't it?

Well no, because I want there to be lots more in it. Here's a quick something I did:

ph34r teh Paint skillz! :ph34r:

Although most things that picture are not really to scale, it's pretty obvious that it wouldn't all fit into one shell... I think. And I'll come up with more things to put in there for sure :) (ideas cooked in your personal breadmaker are also welcome)
Marein

Postby Aloys » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:16 am

I have no idea what that Size Constraint setting is. What format did you use to import your scene?

Nice to see your progress. :)
Aloys

Postby Marein » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:57 am

I used .3ds to import.

After adding a spawnpoint I saw that the scene had for some reason scaled down enormously. The only thing that can have caused that is the Size Constraint thing... So I scaled it back up.

Anyways, it worked! :D

There were some strange collision issues though; some of the floors in the main building were solid in some places, but I fell through them in others *shrugs*

edit: More strange collision stuff:

:blink:
Marein

Postby Marein » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:24 am

Turned out the house was a bit too small in relation to the shell... Doesn't really matter at the moment though.

Would it possibly be possible to have Rand Miller action figures included in new shells? To get the right proportions...
Marein

Postby zib_redlektab » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:19 pm

Not the actual Rand ones, since those are copyrighted material, but there was a great one that came with an early version of my shell. Aloys made it and it's very good :)
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:35 pm

Thanks. In fact I had originally planned to ship them with the shells but finally decided against it because I wasn't totally happy with him.. As Zib said, the thing is the 'Rand Miller action figures' cannot be publically distributed. They are part of Uru and as such fall under copyright protection and cannot be distributed. That is why I first did this little avatar.
Beside, I'm not sure whether Rand would like to be duplicated at random in all those shells. (I already have him everywhere in my Ahra Pahts files and I feel a little guilty. :unsure: ).
I'll try to work on him some more and see if I can release him one of these days.

Marein: I read you have scaled your shell up and down, make sure to have it back to its original size. Because if it isn't when you'll export it to the Age there will be holes and gaps between it and the streets..
Aloys

Postby Marein » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:09 am

I know, this was just for trying out :) I'm waiting for you to send me shell 235 to combine them and get the actual size...
Marein

Return to Marein's Journal