shell224

Moderator: mar

Re: shell224

Postby mar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:48 pm

I shall try to explain how it must work: There is a round stone in the middle with a axis in the middle.Further there are two "paddles"also with a axis in the middle and a other axis in the round stone. Further there is a door with a fixed axis at the peddle. When you push the first paddle to the bottom the round stone much rotated and the other paddle is coming up and take the door with have a fixed point also to above. When you do the opposite of the process you can closed the door ;)
mar

Postby Grogyan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:26 pm

mar wrote:Now the RAD contest is over I have make a list at items I must work on.

Further I have a idea for a animation but I don't know if is possible so please can someone tell me if it is executable.
I have in my shell some construction for opening a door to a put where the lava is going in to my fabric in shell 225. I want to start so that people who enter the shell for the first time must make the door open so the lava can go flow throught the door.
mecha.JPG

That last arrow isn't the way the mechanics will go

I assume that the pic is going from left to right in your shell the same as above?

It certainly will be a difficult animation to achieve
might I suggest you practice just that animation in a new Blender project, cause I think you can do some basic riggin to make that animation easier on your end, not PyPrp
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby mar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:59 am

Thanks Grogyan, for you advice.
I shall wait with the animation till it can be done by rigging. It was my intention to do this at the end of the list because I had the feeling that this is not easy.So now I wait a little bit longer.

I assume that the pic is going from left to right in your shell the same as above?

You are right the last arrow must pointed the other way. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Me and beta it isn't a good combination despite of my interest in it.
mar

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:59 am

mar wrote:Now the RAD contest is over I have make a list at items I must work on.

Starting using plugin 1.5 and set al shadowbuffer at off.
Make my vulcanic mass flow much slower.
Repair some textures who are changed without my permission.
Repair the ladders so they can used from both sides.
Make vegatation between shoreline of the rocks and lavestream so there is a better transition.
Make vegatation in the rocks.
Make paths in the rocks so the perspective of lower and higher rocks are seen better.
Repair some textures from the rocks with are not good unwrapped.
Make clickeables in a special sequence so there is open a door with entrance too my shell 225
Make a door with is opening when the special sequence is made.

Perhaps you can add to that list: do something about the horrible lag. On my low end machine I cannot even take one step after I enter your shell. Since you have not used shadbuf I have no idea what could be causing it. The lava animation perhaps?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:22 am

D'Lanor - it was due to the shadowbuffers that were automatically generated for the objects. But she already listed that as task #1.

I can't wait to see the results of your changes, Mar!
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:29 am

Robert The Rebuilder wrote:D'Lanor - it was due to the shadowbuffers that were automatically generated for the objects. But she already listed that as task #1.

No, I don't think she did.
mar wrote:Starting using plugin 1.5 and set al shadowbuffer at off.

The way I read this is: she has not even started using 1.5 yet so she cannot have the shadbuf problem.
D'Lanor

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:47 am

But here's the thing: the use of SHADOWBUF to trigger the creation of a shadow caster was in the 1.4.0 release. Take a look at plShadowCaster._Export() from alc_LightClasses.py:

Code: Select all
    def _Export(page,obj,scnobj,name,SceneNodeRef,isdynamic=0):
        if len(obj.data.materials) > 0 :
            if obj.data.materials[0].mode & Blender.Material.Modes["SHADOWBUF"]:
                shadowcaster = page.prp.find(0xD4,name,1)
                shadowcaster.data.export_obj(obj)
                scnobj.data.data2.append(shadowcaster.data.getRef())
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:16 am

I know. It has been there since 1.0 or so but it was broken! I do not have the details here at work (need to check the SVN logs at home).

Edit 2: Ok, I found this post. viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1749&p=18288#p18288
So I guess you were right (the discussed wavesets were implemented in 1.4). I must have had the versions mixed up.
D'Lanor

Previous

Return to Mar's Journal