volcanoes

Moderator: mar

Postby mar » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:20 pm

Hello,

My troubles with the plugin is over. It is working now. With thanks to Paradox.

Now I have time for the real work. I will ask for feedback. I have three shells in the red region and I have in mind a landscape with vulcanoes, sulfur - and mudcreeks. There you can make a lot of industrial activity. That of the two shells in the industrial part.
I have maid a landscape for my middle shell and the intension is to make higher vulcanoes in my other industrial shell. Is that allowed?

Is it also a wise idea to start with the landscape and not with buildings etc?

Further I will ask of it is right that I have get three files from the shells and no others.. Maybe I haven't it understand good of have I things doing wrong, but how can I see of thinks are good?

Mar
mar

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:26 pm

Welcome, Mar - and sorry for the lack of any replies. This sounds like a wonderful shell idea!

I believe that the Ahra Pahts guidelines restrict the height of the volcanoes so that they cannot be taller than the central Hub structure.

J'anim: what is the current height (in Blender units/feet) of the hub?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Aloys » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:47 pm

For now we have restricted the height for the shells to 60 units.
That is ten times the height of the avatar; which is quite high.

Is it also a wise idea to start with the landscape and not with buildings etc?

It is your shell, so you can do what you want inside it. :)

Further I will ask of it is right that I have get three files from the shells and no others.. Maybe I haven't it understand good of have I things doing wrong, but how can I see of thinks are good?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you want to know if you are supposed to have only 3 files: yes. You should have the 3 Blender files for your 3 shells. (But as I told you in the message I sent you, you can also get the 3 shells in a single file here: -> click. )
The only thing; you will need are the shells textures files, they are located here: -> click.
Aloys

Postby mar » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:39 pm

:D :D :D Thank you for answer my questions (Roger the Rebuilder and Aloys).

I have made up my mind and I have realisted that my fantasy is greater than my ability to created it . When you are a beginner you can't create things like Uru etc.

Because of that I have said to my self that I must start simple and when I have more expierience with Blender I can start with more difficult parts. So next week I hope to send my first "very simple update" of my shell.

I like it very much to work witn Blender. so sometime I have learned it.

Mar :) :) :)
mar

Postby J'anim Paedet » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:24 am

[quote="Robert The Rebuilder"] J'anim: what is the current height (in Blender units/feet) of the hub?

Oops -- sorry, didn't see that question till just now!

The hub rises approx. 176 Blender Units from the water, although I'm still working on scaling issues. If anything, this hight may decrease slightly in the future.
At any rate, I don't think you would want a volcano any higher than that!

mar: sounds like a good idea; starting simple is always safest when first learning Blender. Plus, we aren't about to run out of shell spaces any time soon, so you'll always have more building options later on!

Good luck with your shell!
J'anim Paedet

Postby TomahnaGuy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:30 am

:rolleyes: The post above is spam! :rolleyes:
TomahnaGuy

Postby Aloys » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:05 pm

What post? ;)
Aloys

Postby Besharen » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:23 pm

It was deleted. ;)
Besharen

Postby J'anim Paedet » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:47 pm

I wonder how that one got in...?
J'anim Paedet

Postby Besharen » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:38 pm

It was an "unregistered" user...they didn't have an account and they were posting as a guest. However, if I log out and try to post a comment as a guest it says I need to be registered. So, yes, it is a mystery how that one got in - theoretically it should be impossible, yet it did happen. Hmm...
Besharen

Next

Return to Mar's Journal