moss

Moderator: mar

Postby mar » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Here are the promissed screenshots from my MOSS-age. I have in mind to make a wood of different kind of "mosstrees" . I am inspired of some moss from my garden. When you look them very closely than you can see so many and typical forms. Further there are so many different, beautifull colors and unexspected color combinations.

It must be further a wet age with damp and many raindrops. That is the challange.
Here are some pictures

I have further a question about "particels" I want to make hair at one side of the moss but when I render than I see the particels but not my moss anymore. What have I done wrong??
Look at the screenshots and you see what I mine....

The first is without rendering

and now the rendered one

Hopely someone can tell me the answer.
mar

Postby zib_redlektab » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:40 am

wow, that looks awesome!
I don't know how to do particle stuff other than a cool spiky tentacle thing...sorry!
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Marcello » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:45 am

I can't imagine particles working with the current plugin since it sounds complex. Why don't you fake the hairs with a couple of flat 2D planes with a hair texture. It won't be as random as you would probably like, but the feeling will be there.
Marcello

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:28 am

Those moss plants look fantastic, mar! How large will they be compared to a human?

Regarding the disappearing moss: perhaps your polygons are only one-sided?

You can make it seem like a damp age by making the fog more dense. This requires either a script setting or somehow modifying the age's .FNI file.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby electroglyph » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:58 am

I can see the inside and outside of every other moss cup in the other renders. It has something to do with the hairs themselves.

I remember some conversation about this effect. I just can't remember when and where. Something to do with the order the transparent textures are named or created in. The background object is getting undrawn by the transparency but not redrawn.

There was also a problem when transparencies were first implemented in the plugin or shortly after it was done and they changed something else. I'd check to see if the blender and plugin are the latest. That might fix everything or screw everything up.
electroglyph

Postby mar » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:12 am

Thanks for your replies and compliments.

Marcello I haven't realised that particles aren't in the plugin. But Paradox are something do with that in his snowage. So maybe.
I have make some textures with hairstructures but it gifs not the good satisfaction.

Robert I looked of my polygons where on-sided but they are two-sided. However it was a option I not have think about.
The mossplants are humanheight. I started to make a other kind of "mossplant "and that must be about 1,5 to twice the humansize but with a very different look a like.
Making damp and mist is for later I must experiment with that because that is new for me.

Electroglyph I have the most recent plugin but I am started to look in the forums if I can find the conversation you speak over.

Mar
mar

Return to Mar's Journal