uv texturing and rendering

Moderator: mar

Postby mar » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:24 pm

I have make for my industrial shell in Ahra Paths some part of a machinery. For making some depth in it I have used two different UV textures( images). :D

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k50/mar8...06/schoep-1.jpg

The result is very cool but when I render it I see only one texture back. :D :D

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k50/mar82_2006/-2.jpg

Have I done something wrong with UV texturing or with rendering. I have read the tutortial over using multilayers and so far I can see I have done it ritght but my English is not my best part so I can also have read it wrong.
Can someone help me. <_<
mar

Postby electroglyph » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:20 am

I think it's an object problem, not the texture. In the game texture only gets seen on the normal side. You can make a flat square and put an image on it. Look at it on one side then walk around to the back side and it will be invisible in the game.

You should always try to build 3d closed objects. That way you can't get inside to see through them. Use flattened cubes for floors instead of planes. Either cap the ends of pipes or make an inside as well as an outside. If you walked to the hub you can see thru some one sided walls and pipes that do the same thing as your fan.

For your paticular problem you need to select the object in blender then click on the button that says "Make two Sided". This will create a duplicate mesh with all the normals facing the opposite way. I will also double the number of polygons for that object.
electroglyph

Postby mar » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks for your suggestion electroglyph you give me the right hint. When I set the normals to the other side I have the same problem but then from the other site. I have click the button make two sided but that gave no differents in the textures. So I go to try to make the mesh closed.

What you tell in you answer, I didn't know that so thanks for that learningpoint.
Hopely I can give sone some pictures when I have fixed it.

Regards Mar
mar

Return to Mar's Journal