1-7-2007

Postby Kedri » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:09 pm

Right, then. After reading about the meeting, I was inspired to start building again. I'm afraid I've lost most of my interest in The Plutonic age. It's pretty much finished, anyways. So I've started a new age, "The Age of the Lone Tower".

I don't want to spoil much, but you'll start near the base level of a tower. You can walk out onto a balcony, and find you are on the only landmass on the horizon. There isn't much to the island, a small bit of rock, but the tower reaches a ways into the sky.

Now, then. The technical stuff. I'm surprised I remember as much as I do about Blender. I'm waiting to finish a good amount before I get into the prp stuff. Ok, here's where I need help:

1. Textures. I need some free, seamless textures. Anyone know where I can find them?

2. Most important: I need an avatar to use in my Blender age for scale. Can anyone help here?

EDIT: Here it is. The first screenshot.
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotai9.jpg
Kedri: Modeller and writer. KI# 72427
ImageImageImage
NaNoWriMo '07!
Kedri

Postby mar » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:16 am

I have download from internet http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/ the free program genetica viewer, texture packs free and wood workshop. You can do a lot with that.
Also you can download the program genetica 2.5 pro that is not free but you can pick up the texture packs from that program and copy them into genetica viewer.

I hope you can used it.

Mar
mar

Postby mar » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:28 am

I have download from internet [url]http://www.spiralgraphics.biz[/url] the free program genetica viewer, texture packs free and wood workshop. You can do a lot with that.
Also you can download the program genetica 2.5 pro that is not free but you can pick up the texture packs from that program and copy them into genetica viewer.

I hope you can used it.

Sorry for double posting I forgotten the hyperlink

Mar
mar

Postby greypiffle » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:12 am

TrueSpace and Harry Potter. like Peanut butter and jelly.
greypiffle

Postby Kedri » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:43 am

Those help. Thanks!

As for the scale-model, I ended up using a linking book pedestal from Plutonic. It's pretty acurate, actually.
ImageImageImage
NaNoWriMo '07!
Kedri

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:19 pm

Note that an URU avatar is exactly 6 feet high, which is also 6 Blender units.

I can just imagine what it would be like to scale the tower, getting glimpses of the outside world as you pass by narrow windows along the long climb to the top. Can't wait to see more!
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Kedri » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:29 pm

[quote="Robert The Rebuilder"] Note that an URU avatar is exactly 6 feet high, which is also 6 Blender units.

I can just imagine what it would be like to scale the tower, getting glimpses of the outside world as you pass by narrow windows along the long climb to the top. Can't wait to see more!

Unfortunately, Blender units vary as you zoom in/out.

*Scribbles on notepad*

little...windows... ;)
ImageImageImage
NaNoWriMo '07!
Kedri

Postby Branan » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:59 am

If you still need some textures, I need some practice working on photo-source textures, so I'd be willing to mess around if I get time, provided you don't mind the images go into the public domain, not bound to your age.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Kedri's Journal