IC JOURNAL PROLOGUE: Plutonic

Postby Kedri » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:58 am

This is the prologue to my Lone Tower journal. It documents the events that occured in the Plutonic age.

1-16-2006

I've been writing an age for a while. This one looks like it will be the first stable one, so this will be its official journal.

1-18-2006

The first link went well. I accually landed on a planet. It's nothing more than a lifeless rock, though.

THINGS TO ADD:
-soil
-water
-sand
-and most importantly, air

1-19-2006

All the additions to the descriptive book have been added. I took the method of writing these things from a writer who, oddly enough, seems to have been born after the fall and is mostly human. To add the items on the list seen above, all I had to do was make the planet three times larger at the time of its formation. Because of its new size, the core did not cool, allowing an atmospere to develop, and everything else followed. I'm too tired to link now so I'll link tomorrow morning(four hours from now).

1-20-2006

The age is beautiful. I have linked to a small cave that I had to climb out of, then I examined the land. It is an island with a snowy mountain and hot springs. It is odd, though. In this age, there are almost constant earthquakes and a mysterious red fog.

I Looked over the journals left by the part human writer. In one of his less stable ages, he blamed red fog on volcanic activity. Fearing instability in my age, I immediately looked over the descriptive book what I saw on the linking panel horrified me. All the snow was gone and lave has made half of the island has collapse. Without thinking, I foolishly linked there to gather my equipment and found that I had materialized into molten lava. That maintainer's suit just barely saved my life, and even then I had severe burns.

1-21-2006

After extensive rewriting, The age is safe again, but just barely. I redirected the lava flow to the north and it is almost as though nothing happened to the cave. a safety mechanism will need to be built to prevent linking into lava again. I think I shall name this age "The Plutonic age" after the god of the underworld Pluto.

1-22-2006

I will build a house. In it will be all of my research tools, logs, and "The Kedri Linking Mechanism". An antenna on top of the house will react to air impurity(ash) and send a signal to the computer inside. My computer will anylize the signals and if the air is lethal, It will send a signal to the book pedestal below. The signal will make the book link an object. Tests as of yet show that nothing will link unless it is living, or was living, But I will overcome this. The object will link to my Relto's bookshelf and that will warn me not to link to my age.

1-27-2006

A lot has happened since I last wrote. The island structures are complete and I am exploring a new volcanic cavern. I will be going to the surface until after the chinese new year.

2-9-2006

Xin Nian Hao. That means happy new year in chinese. I  Went to Chinatown on the surface for the celebrations and found some lanterns that will go quite well in my new cave.

3-14-2006

I found the "living or was living" think to use with the Kedri Linking Mechanism. All I needed was a lucky rabbit's foot.

4-28-2006

The age seems pretty stable now. Not much damage has occured in a while. I've been exploring beyond the horizon, and have found a continent. There are a lot of things here, including what I've been seeking most: Evidence of life. I've been noticing that I'm not writing in this journal anymore. That's because most things have gone into my personal journal. Anything notable, however, will go here.

8-21-2006

Bad news. After a long leave of absence, I found the Kedri Mechanism had been set off. I put on my maintainer's suit, and found there had been a cave-in. I should have realized, when I increased the size of the planet, the link-in spot stayed the same, and thus, I linked to the near-center of the planet. Now, the planet has imploded, and Plutonic is gone. If only I had noticed earlier, this disaster could have been averted, but now I have no clue what to re-write.

8-29-2006

A week's thought, and I still can't think of what to do. I'm going to close this journal, I'm afraid. If I can repair Plutonic, I will return.
Kedri: Modeller and writer. KI# 72427
ImageImageImage
NaNoWriMo '07!
Kedri

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:15 pm

This is the first time I've seen an IC journal on age creation - very creative!

If you like, you can post these IC entries over on the New Tree, in the Explorer Journals section; some of us have kept our IC journals there to help isolate their IC-ness from the OOC-ness of this forum.

http://agebuilders.vofd.org/forum/index.php?showforum=58
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:21 pm

Oh, there's the New Tree! I keep losing the link to it. :P
I'd add a journal for myself there, but I'd rather not risk messing with the Admin controls I don't recognise. Plus, I'm sure it'll get more hits here.

Postby Kedri » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:26 pm

Gah. That was me. Sorry, forgot to log in. I wish I could delete that...
Kedri: Modeller and writer. KI# 72427
ImageImageImage
NaNoWriMo '07!
Kedri

Return to Kedri's Journal