Cave Construction and Organization

Postby ShadowDude » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:21 pm

I've spent the last few days changing a bunch of things around. First off are the rocks that surround the central spire -- they've been reordered for ease of navigation. I think it looks better in Uru anyways, so I probably won't be changing them again anytime soon.

The cave inside the central spire has undergone remodeling. Not that anyone except me ever saw it, but I've completely redesigned it and it just looks so much better than it did before. I finally got around to texturing that untextured ladder too (/cheer). Anyways, past that ladder now is a short tunnel, followed by a room with 4 books. 3 of which are in little intends in the walls and the other one is placed on a stone pedestal in the center of the room. The 3 books in the cave walls are linking books, but they cannot be used because of a glass pane I put up. The other book in the center is a journal, which I'm going to use to explain the age's purpose as well as the reasoning behind the 3 linking books.

Screenshot:

Something I found amazing was that when I was looking at the glass panes they seemed to show reflective properties. I *know* this hasn't been implemented into the plugin, so this just had me scratching my head. I soon came to realize that it wasn't actually reflecting anything, rather the transparent plane wasn't showing any of the object behind it with the exception of the linking book, and the crater mesh that surround Ri'achi. Since the crater had the same texture as the cave itself, it only looked like it was reflecting. I'm not complaining though-- looks really kewl. B)
ShadowDude

Postby zib_redlektab » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:21 pm

Wow, that looks great! Can't wait to visit it!
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Return to ShadowDude's Journal