From my hands

Re: From my hands

Postby giga(bites) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:57 pm

where can u go to get blender do u have a link?
giga(bites)

Postby Pavitra » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Try here.
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:09 am

you*
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby sarpedon2 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Paradox wrote:This thread is like a living museum of so many thing wrong with the Uru community...

Its more like a really long suicide note for Uru:(. This community has collapsed and has been stagnating since Uru Live 2003, only more rapidly since MOULa. I'm even sure that a fan run version of MOUL would even be possible, considering some of our best have left and they rest have devolved into squabbling and acting like pricks. Perhaps the only reason I wish to stay here is not for the high-quality fan ages sprinkled amongst crap, the hope Cyan will get back on their feet and do something and bring us open-source but perhaps there is a history to be told, Uru's history from its birth in 1999, right up to now. And I want to find out all I can about Uru's history and become the storyteller that tells that and hope it will give people ideas on what direction Uru can perhaps take unless it becomes too brain-dead to revive.

Edit: I apologise if my language is too emotional for some, but I was getting pretty angry reading this thread, I just really wish we could mend everything and get on with it, rather than dither about and argue about the ethics of open-source and fan's opinions and work together, take from each others opinions rather than ignore then and shout them down (and this goes for both the Believers of the Blue Lords and their Dark Enemies from the land of GOW ;) ).
sarpedon2

Re: Usual bashing!

Postby Jahmen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:50 pm

A negative comment about my views and intentions towards doing something in-game from Cyan's 5 Guilds left to all of us in Kirel that evolved into the Guild sites.
Who knew I needed permission as a member of all the guilds and MOUL,a to start up the MOUL Bevin Guilds in-game of which the Guilds hadn't done or done anything in-game with?
Since my understand from the various forums was that the Guilds interests were in Age creation period and all my efforts to engage interest from guild members in doing Quest Game content in MOUL,a or anything else in-game got shot down as not to their agenda.

So I figured who would cared? I found no in-game activity by the guilds other than Greeters & Messengers. Nothing found posted by the Guilds on the imagers in the Guild Pubs we got.
My efforts within Guild forum threads always pointed to the Guilds having no interests in MOUL,a in-game content or cavern events.
My intentions and ideas for setting up and then using the Guild Bevin's in MOUL was about not knowing the protocols to those few who run these Guilds. :oops:
:x How dare you use what we haven't, aren't using at all and have no interest in using! :shock: OK sorry!

Come on! I found and saw the Guilds had no in-game presence or interest in having a Guild Bevin in-game or using the Pubs for in-game Quest content or anything else for that matter!
How dare I hijack the Guild Bevins for such an evil selfish purpose! How could I have not known the Guild lack of interest and presence in-game meant they wouldn't allow anyone else to create them for the uru explorers to use for developing Quest Games with. What was I thinking! :ugeek: Yes, I'm a mad man! :lol:

To me the Guilds & Uru Community is divided within/ into so many groups and purposes, mapping and navigating thru them to know who has the authority to ask or do anything is a mine field at best! :?
So many claim and believe they are and speak for the Guilds, while others debate them. Go ask this group I’m told, no not us go to and to . . . Sheesh! :roll: Forget it!
I’ll only say the nasty insane private PM’s I got over the matter were beyond harsh! There are some players with very serious anger issues.
I doubt most explorers are able to understand the pecking order of those in the Guilds and the diverse agendas found in them.
I said I was sorry for stepping on toes and I was. :oops:

My focus and interest now is to use what we have in MOUL,a to create a small Quests Series project of game content to help maintain and perhaps grow MOUL,a until OS (Open Source) new Age content arrives, if . .
Say what you want and judge as you will. I continue to develop and make Quest games for content to play after all Ages have been done by new and old explorers.
I have since given up debating Blue vs hacked and Open Source coming, never coming, Age Building, share content vs don't share, etc...
I just plug way at using what is available in MOUL,a like Jalak & Quest games to try and help keep MOUL,a interesting for me and others.
And I even get blasted for that! But I do it anyways because it is what I like to do, make interesting Quest games.
Maybe they will catch on and maybe not. I only know they will not do anything, unless I actually make them. So I do!
Jahmen

Re: Usual bashing!

Postby Luna » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:33 am

This post reflects my opinion and is not guild endorsed(just like anything else I ramble on this forum :P)

uh this thread has been silent for three months now...

Jahmen wrote:A negative comment about my views and intentions towards doing something in-game from Cyan's 5 Guilds left to all of us in Kirel that evolved into the Guild sites.
Who knew I needed permission as a member of all the guilds and MOUL,a to start up the MOUL Bevin Guilds in-game of which the Guilds hadn't done or done anything in-game with?
Since my understand from the various forums was that the Guilds interests were in Age creation period and all my efforts to engage interest from guild members in doing Quest Game content in MOUL,a or anything else in-game got shot down as not to their agenda.

As you say later the Greeters and Messengers were /active/ in-game. To impersonate GoMe "Grandmaster"(I think it was) Leonardo (honestly you don't want to know how long it took us to remind him we didn't actually have a Grandmaster ... (joking)) was irritating and above all confusing for others. You don't need permission to start up bevins but as this is confusing too, especially in the case of the Greeters you could have known that people wouldn't be very happy with this. "(IC) Guild of Greeters' Bevin" would probably have caused less problems. First talking it through with the guilds even less.
Jahmen wrote:So I figured who would cared? I found no in-game activity by the guilds other than Greeters & Messengers. Nothing found posted by the Guilds on the imagers in the Guild Pubs we got.

the Guild pub's imager is public, so any KI mail we(GoMe) post on there can be removed and it would have to be checked constantly. Apart from that is the Guild pub not very public. The amount of people that go there is low, and by the guild it is only used for meetings. So as "news source" its potential is low and not used. Does that mean we are not active and it should just be used to post "fake KI-mail" and signing it with someone else's name?

When I linked in the Cavern on that day and suddenly found myself with a KI-mail which showed the Maintainers as a "police force" (which I knew they weren't) and my guild suddenly with a "grandmaster" (about which I knew nothing) was hugely confusing and most of all not recognizable IC. So of course I go to the GoMe forum to get an explanation. This seems to me a very logical reaction.

I do not say your idea was wrong. I just say you didn't think it through. Some people might have reacted harsh, but that is no reason to denounce all the guilds and all their members.

But honestly this has been going on long enough now and is entirely off topic.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:57 am

So, to summarize: Jahmen returns to dick around in a 4 month old thread about something that happened a long time ago.

*Moderator hat*
Please do not revive threads that have been abandoned for quite some time. It is quite trollish.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Previous

Return to Paradox's Journal