Waiting...

Waiting...

Postby Paradox » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:53 am

The current plugin doesn't work on Blender 2.43; which everyone should now be running.

Almlys has basically said that he hopes to get enough free time over the summer to rewrite major parts of the plugin; but I don't want to wait that long.

IMO, the current plugin is such a mess now that there is no hope of fixing it.

So, I'm either going to stay frustrated until August; or write my own plugin :P

I haven't done any work on the Snow Age recently, mainly because of the plugin issues; but I've been building a cool little scene in Blender (non-Uru related). I'll post pics when it's done. :D
Paradox

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:02 pm

Paradox: why should everyone be running Blender 2.43? The last supported version was 2.40.

Also, you mentioned here that you and Adam are working on a new plugin (in addition to Almlys). How is that coming?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Paradox » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

My plugin binds with a C# DLL, and will never be released as part of Alcugs (since C# does not work well on Linux or Mac).

AAAAANNNDD, no progress has been made recently :P

While you're experimenting with SoftVolumes, see if you can at least get it to give errors without crashing Blender.
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:50 pm

That's actually quite sad we can't use 2.43; there are a couple really nice new modelling features in there I'd love to use..
Anyone know whether it's possible to have several versions of Blender installed concurrently?
Aloys

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:43 pm

Paradox: I'll see what I can do. Gotta decide which machine becomes the 2.43 test machine...

Aloys: I haven't tried multiple Blender installs on one machine. It might work if you configure one of them to put the .blender directory in Program Files and the other in your home directory, but I don't recommend it.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Paradox » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:47 pm

Aloys, Blender makes no registry entries, so you can install as many versions as you want (although you might want to get a .zip file of the binaries rather than trying to use the installer)
Paradox

Postby mar » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:23 am

I have install different versions of Blender on my computer. My experience with Blender 2.43 and than export it with the PRP in BL.2.40 is not so good. I get errors that not everthing was supported. With Bl. 2.42 working and than export it with Bl. 2.40 hasn't give me errors.

Further I have no problems with using different versions at one computer. :D
mar

Re: Waiting...

Postby Jahmen » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:27 am

I was wondering how you felt about the chances of MORE or MOOSE ever happening?

Given the economy, lengthy amount of time now past and public announcements to suggest no any time soon time frame, if ever or at all that has left MORE or MOOSE an opened ended, twisting in the wind forever and a day scenario, how do you see it all playing out now?

Personal Note: My own take on the situation given the over-all amount of time now passed and knowing of the announced Cyan lack of resources of money and time along with Rand interviews. Magic Quest Online and Cyans involvement with it seems to have become the Uru replacement equivalent of the day. I would be amazed and shocked to a URU MORE or MOOSE attaining a resurrection.

My own Age project has stalled due to a recent unforseen calamity of no inspiration left, but in all honesty I was already discouraged to there being very little chance of MORE or MOOSE really ever becoming a reality for us again.

I will always remain puzzled and disappointed that Cyan [Rand] let Uru die out again and didn't release it as announced even to an Open Source. Seems like such a waste of creatively talented Game content that could have been built upon even if slowly by FCA (Fan Created Art). Even Cyan licensed or permitted Shards didn’t even come about this time around to support the hard core fan base.
Jahmen

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:41 am

Epic thread revival, Batman!
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby diafero » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:05 pm

:lol: Sadly, we did not break the 3-year mark :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Paradox's Journal