Ahra Pahts Shell 410

Re: Ahra Pahts Shell 410

Postby Aloys » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:27 am

I always had visibility problems in mind that's why it was originally designed this way (with the districts and the walls separating them). So from any given district you can only seen the current district and the Hub building. And when you go near the 'exit' of the district you can see the adjacent district plus the Hub. Also the main courtyards in the center of each district are a different case, as they are separated from the rest of the district, and you can only see the adjacent shells and the walls of the district. (Also obviously you can see the sky from everywhere and the Prin Pahts nexus from nowhere)
In fact I happen to already have a CSV file half-ready.. (obviously inspired by the city.CSV). So I have a pretty good idea of how I'll do this. It won't be easy to setup correctly but it should be interesting to do.
Right now if in the .fni file you use a "setYon -1" to render the Age backward, you can see absolutly everything. :lol:
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:56 am

A plRelevanceRegion references an existing region (such as a SoftVolume); the visibility of that region is controlled by other plRelevanceRegions and a .csv file.

We're recently attempted to fix softvolume regions in the plugin, I'm going to test today whether they are actually fixed with regards to sounds. :D
Paradox

Postby Paradox » Sat May 10, 2008 1:40 pm

I also have a working pond with a waveset, but my screenshots don't give it any justice. I'll see if I can grab a video of it from someone.

Next step: Actually putting some content inside the Building and especially adding some benches.
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Sun May 11, 2008 8:29 am

Yay, new stuff! :) Quit cool; you must had fun modelling that curving staircase..
I like a lot the tetris-inspired pattern on the wall.. :p
Next step: Actually putting some content inside the Building and especially adding some benches

Do you have working sitting regions?
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Sun May 11, 2008 10:49 am

Aloys wrote:
Next step: Actually putting some content inside the Building and especially adding some benches

Do you have working sitting regions?

I will if I ever figure out the hex structure of the objects ;)

My main problem right now is trying to find the height of a bench, and the height of a plSittingModifier.
Paradox

Postby Paradox » Sun May 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Yes that ripples.
Yes that reflects properly.
Yes PyPRP created that with no hex editing. ;)
Paradox

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Sun May 11, 2008 5:12 pm

Remarkable, Paradox!

Would that be your PyPRP, or trunk PyPRP?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Paradox » Sun May 11, 2008 5:16 pm

bit of both.

The main waveset code is in trunk, but the code to make the spans is in my contrib folder, and the specialized waveset params are only in my WC. Right now we don't have any of the params tied to AlcScript, so it's editing the file to change anything.
Paradox

Postby Nadnerb » Sun May 11, 2008 7:31 pm

It turns out that the span flag/settings are not entirely neccessary, so you can in fact make correct wavesets with the trunk version, however, the upcoming updates will probably improve the result quite a bit.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Aloys » Mon May 12, 2008 6:59 am

That water is utterly cool! :)

My main problem right now is trying to find the height of a bench, and the height of a plSittingModifier
I don't know about the plSittingModifier, but as for the drawable bench I'm pretty sure it's exactly 2 unit above the ground.. I don't have my Uru stuff at hand to check but I'm pretty sure of that (Anyway that can easily be checked by importing any Age with a bench/chair..)
Aloys

PreviousNext

Return to Paradox's Journal