Ahra Pahts Shell 410

Re: Ahra Pahts Shell 410

Postby Lontahv » Mon May 12, 2008 12:51 pm

Wavesets are really cool. I've (for a while) been looking into them and programmed most of the classes for them, too bad Nadnerb had to re-write them. ;) :roll:

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Paradox » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:09 pm

Update! :D

Paradox

Postby Aloys » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:46 am

This is interesting, but what exactly are we looking at? :shock: A giant green floating Ki interface? An hint at upcoming PyPRP GUI support? Something entirely different?
Aloys

Postby diafero » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:47 am

Is that the first working fan-created Plasma GUI?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lontahv » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:04 am

diafero wrote:Is that the first working fan-created Plasma GUI?

Yes.

I don't think it's completely exported with PyPRP though. But I think the majority of it is. :D
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Aloys » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:35 am

Very cool! Great even. :)
That mean we'll soon be able to add notes and maps GUI to the Ages! 8-)

BTW Paradox, is that screenshot taken inside the cylindrical building that you showed in the first screenshots?
Aloys

Postby Jojon » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:09 am

Looks like republic credits may be valid at club Paradox. :P
Jojon

Postby Paradox » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:46 am

Yes, AFAIK this is the first fan-made GUI. Parts of it are assembled in Blender using PyPRP, but GUI Buttons still aren't supported, so I do all of those by hand with libPlasma's PRC compiler.

Aloys, be very surprised: I've redesigned the entire interior of that building :P

Unfortunately, I've run into some major difficulties right now. In that screenshot, the GUI is open because I used UruConsole to send PtShowDialog(). I have a script set up with a number of responders to handle clicking on the GUI, seeking, and the animation of the GUI opening. Unfortunately, after the first responder causes you to seek, it never notifies the script, so the GUI never opens :( Until I can figure out how to solve this issue, I'm stuck working on other stuff.

Hint: Steampunk FTW! ;)
Paradox

Postby Paradox » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Paradox wrote:Unfortunately, I've run into some major difficulties right now. In that screenshot, the GUI is open because I used UruConsole to send PtShowDialog(). I have a script set up with a number of responders to handle clicking on the GUI, seeking, and the animation of the GUI opening. Unfortunately, after the first responder causes you to seek, it never notifies the script, so the GUI never opens :( Until I can figure out how to solve this issue, I'm stuck working on other stuff.

Big thanks to GPNMilano for adding the proper callback names to the list of avatar anims on the wiki. If you don't use the right callback name, you don't get called back... and your GUI doesn't open. That is resolved now.

(Particles are not resolved however...)
Paradox

Postby Chacal » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:10 am

/me is a little worried that you need particles for your GUI.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

PreviousNext

Return to Paradox's Journal