Ahra Pahts Shell 410

Ahra Pahts Shell 410

Postby Paradox » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:42 pm

Larger Preview

My shell started as a completely empty file with no ideas. Over a year, I've finally gotten enough concept to actually make something.

Shell 410 is a residential shell, and contains a workshop area and a small personal living space underground. The outside of the shell is mostly bare, for my lack of time and effort to build anything but the essentials; however the workshop contains most of my journals and art.
Paradox

Re: Ahra Pahts Shell 410

Postby Aloys » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:29 pm

Nice. :) I am always happy to see progress being made on a shell so I may not be objective, but it really looks good (despite being a bit bare). This round structure makes a welcome change from the all-too straight outside structure from the shells while still using the same texture (which surprisingly works well here)
I find especially interesting that entrance to the workshop, did you copy the shell front wall and modified it or did you create it from scratch?

Also it looks lit on the inside, do you use a soft volume there?
Aloys

Postby Chacal » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:36 pm

Looks good! Nice little building.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Paradox » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:04 pm

Aloys wrote:Nice. :) I am always happy to see progress being made on a shell so I may not be objective, but it really looks good (despite being a bit bare). This round structure makes a welcome change from the all-too straight outside structure from the shells while still using the same texture (which surprisingly works well here)
I find especially interesting that entrance to the workshop, did you copy the shell front wall and modified it or did you create it from scratch?

Also it looks lit on the inside, do you use a soft volume there?

I copied from the wall. I also stole the door that you had for the shell and added it (although it's disabled in that image).

btw, you could have told people that the door seen in Shell 420 is actually stored in the file for shell 408 >.> (I spent three hours trying to find that door...)
Paradox

Postby teedyo » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:41 pm

First thought that came to my mind: 'Are you going to read read palms, or maybe tea leaves?" :P

Looks good!
teedyo

Postby Aloys » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:47 am

Paradox wrote:I also stole the door that you had for the shell and added it (although it's disabled in that image).

btw, you could have told people that the door seen in Shell 420 is actually stored in the file for shell 408 >.> (I spent three hours trying to find that door...)

Say what?
*checks files*
I don't find that door either in shell 408 or 420 but I see what you are talking about (it's that door right?). I removed it a while ago already it just probably wasn't reflected in the latest version since I didn't updated the shells. It was actually never meant to be officially released; I just did it once as a test and left it for fun..
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:25 pm

New images! The shell is almost ready for a first version to be released with Version 1 of Ahra Pahts. There are a few things that I would like to fix before I send it off to Aloys, but they aren't major and I'm not willing to delay the release if they can't be fixed.

Image Image
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:33 pm

You have at least a couple more days ahead of you, time for me to convert Ahra to the new PyPRP now that Robert's conversion scripts are ready, and then to finally use the new features. And then the maintainers will look at it. So you are left with at least a week and a half, probably two.

Also nice shell. What's in that building? ;)
Also, how many polygons is that tree?
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:41 pm

The tree has 3300 faces or so, but runs with no lag that I can detect. :)
Paradox

Postby teedyo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:06 am

Paradox wrote:The tree has 3300 faces or so, but runs with no lag that I can detect. :)

Uh, huh. Just wait until spring and it gets some leaves on it. THEN you'll be sorry. ;-)
teedyo

Next

Return to Paradox's Journal