My Shells

Postby zib_redlektab » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:07 pm

I'm thinking about what I should put in my main shell, shell #337. Right now it's totally blocked off from the public by a huge wooden platform covering the top and a curtain hung down in the doorway. I'm thinking of putting a big mushroom-shaped house in it, but i'm not sure. I have no better ideas :P

I want like a system of tunnels under the shell, connecting to the shell across the street, #335 (which is also mine ;))

I think my shells might have been moved a tad in one direction or another though, because there's a big gaping hole between them and the street :P

Then again, it's an old version of Pahts I'm using, so I'll try updating it.

Also shell 337's walls have been turned into denim. :blink: I'm not sure why. I guess they decided they like the denim texture more than the wall one...
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Aloys » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:20 pm

I'm not sure about the gap in the streets. At some point all of the shells had to be move around because the high walls separating the districts had been added. But I don't think I ever released a version of the Age without those walls.. See how it goes with the latest version.

About the texture issue: check whether you have materials on all objects. The rule is that one object = one material. Adding a basic color-less material to an objects takes roughly 5 second so it shouldnt' be skipped. Way back for Ahra when I did the first export I ended with all the textures shuffles around. I had to do a several hours long session of work just recreating and assigning materialsf for all the objects, so now I've learned the lesson. ;)
Aloys

Postby zib_redlektab » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:05 pm

Yeah I tried that materials thing, but it didnt work. I think my hand might've slipped and pointed the wall at a different texture at some point...i dont know. I'll go back and check.
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Return to Zib's Journal