[IC] Shell 111

Re: Shell 111

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:30 am

pappou wrote:But HEY! The lights are still on. And no conduit comes out of the broken marble. How do they work?

I believe you're referring to the brightly painted circular carvings that I added to the obelisks back in mid-December (see this post). The only lights I have installed in my shell are the one above each of the control panels. Knowing how Jennifer dislikes glowing crystals ;) , I used long-lasting fluorescent light bulbs instead.

RedSoxFan: careful - that instance of my shell contains a number of malfunctions. I recommend waiting for the availability of the linking books to the latest instance of Ahra Pahts before you explore my shell.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Zander » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Well, you have me intrigued...
Zander

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:39 am

Thanks to the Guild of Maintainers, the shell is now ready for public exploration. They've provided me with great feedback about its appearance, stability and navigation, and I've made the appropriate adjustments. I also decided to extend the fencing around the broken obelisk, in case any more pieces happen to fall. And I managed to carve out a special room dedicated to the Maintainers that participated in the inspection, hidden in a way that only they can deduce how to find it.

I'll issue the challenge to the explorers in another thread. Enjoy, everyone!

MOULagain KI# 1299

Robert The Rebuilder

Postby pappou » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:07 am

Now this is wonderful! This IS realworld. Robert reconstructs and the public works Maintainers come in to see that everything fits code.
Hip Hip Hooray for Robert da Rebuilda, for the GoMaintainers and for the GoWriters.
Through their intelligent visions and good work ethics, they are building a new Rome -- others merely fiddle while Rome burns.
Ah me. When i go to MOUL forum, get all depressed and start crying into my beer.
But in GoW, there is Work! There is Life! There is not just intelligence but good strong empathies are let loose in this place.
When i go to GoW, i get out the Scotch and a really good Cuban; no crying in my beer here.

Here's to the beautiful folks at GoW (he holds up his Macallen of 25 years, toasts, and sips a bit -- wi only a wee drop o spring water; no cubes for this laddie; then a long draw on the 50 ring Punch Churchill.)
pappou
pappou

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:22 am

Thanks for the kind words, pappou.

Mind pouring me a glass? :)

MOULagain KI# 1299

Robert The Rebuilder

Re: [IC] Shell 111

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:10 pm

*blows dust off the journal before writing in it*

Seems that the time got away from me again. Where do I start?

Oh yes - the Maintainer. Back in June, Maintainer jc1991 was inspecting the shell when he discovered multiple solutions to the puzzle within the main structure. Eliminating these solutions would require changes to the central interior pillar, as well as the hull. I was reluctant to proceed until J'kla - a fellow Writer - had directed me to granite deposits of various colors. To make a long story short, I managed to mill a new set of pillars with the required changes and replace the old marble ones. Now there is only one solution, and the pillars are stronger because of it.

I also performed routine maintenance on the various button/lever mechanisms in October. Afterwards, I noticed for the first time the various sounds associated with the machinery within my shell: levers pulled, buttons pressed, doors opening, pillars moving. Perhaps I was previously focused on other details, too busy to listen to the machines around me.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Robert The Rebuilder

Re: [IC] Shell 111

Postby Lule » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:58 pm

How interesting to read about the construction of Shell 111
after working my way through it!
During my journey I took many, many snapshots to remember
the puzzles, the game, while also admiring the beauty of it all!
Very, very well done, RTR, in both the journal story and the
actual shell! So tongue in cheek, yet the story makes so
much more sense now.
Do you have plans for another shell? Is there more coming?
(fingers crossed)
You imitate the best ... the rest you memorize. Joni Mitchell
Lule

Previous

Return to Robert's Journal