Maw Journal

Re: Maw Journal

Postby Aloys » Fri May 23, 2008 7:29 am

Well this is an interesting Age.
As I thought it is indeed quite nice looking. :) The lighting, the overall structure of the Age makes for a nice place. I spent a bit of time just sitting on some rocks looking at the opening and the sky above. The pillar structures surprised me as your first screenshot didn't hint at that, but it's quite original, a fresh change from other Ages.
However this place is very difficult to navigate. I like the jumping puzzles in Uru; and usually I can handle them but this cavern is really hard. I can't count the number of times I fell ( :oops: ). I guess this comes in part from the fact that you did this Age so quickly; with a bit of tunning it could probably be much easier.
Other than that this little Age is simple and well done. Everything is here: nice lighting, a bit of animated textures, some ambient sound; it really feels like a complete Age, and not a simple experiment. Also, this is a detail, but it's nice to hear birds, gives the whole place a larger dimension.

So aside from the jumping parts, this is an original and enjoyable Age. :) I look forward to more of your Ages.
Aloys

Postby Whilyam » Sat May 24, 2008 7:14 am

Glad you liked it! :D

I made it as hard as it is because I wanted it to feel (relatively) natural. As in there wasn't this clear and obvious (or easy) path to where you want/need to go (a place you "need" to go to here doesn't even exist :P).
Whilyam

Postby Szark » Sat May 31, 2008 11:13 am

I really love this little age Whilyam. From someone who can not write his own age, extremely well done, congratulations on a chalenging jumping puzzle. It feels Cyan when I first linked in. Two days now and I still haven't found a way out. I am truely Mawful when it comes to jumping but I managed to get all the way around to the otherside today. I jumped so hard I fell off, back to my relto. I could see this in MOUL with a journey cloth at the end of all that jumping. Keep up the good work Whilyam. I'm off to try again.
Take care
Szark
Last edited by Szark on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Szark

Postby Whilyam » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Updated slightly. Mostly just to give the pillars some dynamic shadows and keep up with the latest plugin. I also added a small "reward" to getting to the cave with the broken lantern for fun. Thanks to kyashii for making it.
Whilyam

Postby Szark » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:49 am

I heard the sound of music today. It took a leap of faith. Can't wait to see more of your ages Whilyam.
Szark
Szark

Postby Chacal » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:55 pm

I swear if I ever make it out of that hole I'll find Whilyam and strangle him.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Whilyam » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:06 pm

:lol: You're welcome!
Whilyam

Postby Szark » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:05 am

I swear if I ever make it out of that hole I'll find Whilyam and strangle him.
My sentiments exactly Chacal. :D Mind you I would pat Whilyam on back and then strangle him. Mind you it is called Maw for a reason.
Szark
Szark

Postby Whilyam » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Yes, that's the sound you make when you *just* miss the pillar you're jumping to. :P

*jump*
*miss*
Mawwwwww...
*link*
Whilyam

Postby Jojon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Haha. :D

I'm with Chakal, mind. :9
Jojon

PreviousNext

Return to Whilyam's Journal