Bimevi Journal

Re: Bimevi Journal

Postby diafero » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:48 am

Drizzle uses sequence prefixes < 100 which must never be used by fan-ages, so that can not be the problem. Tahgira works great for me with both of them installed. I guess you ran into the problem that Tahgira often crashes while linking in 3rd person (though it also sometimes happens in 1st person).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Tahgira seems flaky. It works when linking from a book created by ULM, but always refuses to load when linking from Andy's Nexus. But I can't find a fault in Andy's Nexus.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Whilyam » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:20 pm

diafero wrote:Drizzle uses sequence prefixes < 100 which must never be used by fan-ages, so that can not be the problem. Tahgira works great for me with both of them installed. I guess you ran into the problem that Tahgira often crashes while linking in 3rd person (though it also sometimes happens in 1st person).

Alright then, cancel that. I was basing it when I had Bimevi in Tahgira failed, when I removed it, everything's roses and lolipops.
Whilyam

Postby Whilyam » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:24 am

Bimevi in its RAD entry state will be put up on the ULM soon. I'm already working on a new version with stuff I didn't get a chance to during the contest (shadowing, waveset errors, etc.)
Whilyam

Postby Whilyam » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:36 pm

Bimevi release 2 is on the ULM. Enjoy!
Whilyam

Postby Whilyam » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:06 am

Paradox was kind enough to compress the mainroom file so it's now 3mb instead of 8mb! The Age has been updated with it.

Further updates pending. Restoration work will be done, levels will be monitored, landscape will be ret-conned!
Whilyam

Postby Chacal » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:56 am

Bimevi book will be put in Toroolbah?
Chacal

Postby Whilyam » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:36 am

Chacal wrote:Bimevi book will be put in Toroolbah?

Eventually, yes. I'm probably going to test using SDL states to add things easier. Right now, if I wanted to add another story/book to my Age, I'd need to go back to an older version and add the model. What I'm hoping to do eventually is finish the modeling but make the un-used books invisible and empty. That likely won't be possible for Age books, but stories should be relatively simple (a book vis SDL state and entries for it in the python).
Whilyam

Postby Chacal » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:00 pm

This is surely possible for Age books too. Remember Cate dropping in during MOUL and making the Minkata book appear in the library. This was done using SDL.
Several objects can be linked to the same python mod so they are controlled by the same SDL variable. I think the objects must all have a coordinate interface though.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Whilyam » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Chacal wrote:This is surely possible for Age books too. Remember Cate dropping in during MOUL and making the Minkata book appear in the library. This was done using SDL.
Several objects can be linked to the same python mod so they are controlled by the same SDL variable. I think the objects must all have a coordinate interface though.

I meant easily :P That sort of stuff will take a while.
Whilyam

PreviousNext

Return to Whilyam's Journal