Help: Tromegahl

Help: Tromegahl

Postby Pryftan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:35 pm

I'm putting this in General Discussion because it's a little bit story, a little bit art, and a little bit modelling.

This is Tromegahl.

The core of this Age's planet is an enormously powerful magnet, many times more powerful and even than the field of Earth. Even the land on the surface was made primarily of dust mixed into the dirt that could be magnetized. Over time, while the core stayed just as even as ever, much of the surface land's poles no longer aligned for the planet to remain together, and much of the land on the surface was pushed out of the ground and into the sky. It hovers there, sitting at an equilibrium between the gravity pulling it down and the magnetic field pushing it up. The oceans poured into the leftover spaces and the planet is now more than 99% covered in water alone.

The civilization here lived on these enormous, floating continents, but knew the precarious balance of the Age wasn't permenant. The writings they left behind detail their endeavors to leave the broken planet and find a new home. They are all gone now, but exactly where they went and how is still a mystery.

I've started working on the models for this Age (as you can see in the picture). But I'm terrible at textures (as you can also see in the picture) and haven't fully fleshed out the storyline yet. If any modellers, texturers, storytellers, anybody is interested in working with me on Tromegahl, I'd love to make this a project we can all work on together.

BTW, Tromegahl is a contraction of "tromets" and "gahlon", meaning "winged ground".
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Re: Help: Tromegahl

Postby BAD » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:11 pm

Looks cool!

I do plan on helping create textures at some point but right now I have some work and RL issues that I need to address.

Would it be ok if I could help out in an off and on basis? A couple things I wanted to do was make some general (but detailed) textures that could be used in anyones ages.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Pryftan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:23 pm

Yeah, that'd be great, BAD.. any help is very much appreciated ;D
Pryftan

Postby Erik » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:00 am

Very nice! Did you make that bridge all yourself? Very well done.
Erik

Postby Owehn » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:34 pm

I'd love to help out in the storyline aspect. (PM me if you'd rather not make the details you already have public just yet.)
Owehn

Postby Pryftan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:09 pm

Yeah, I modelled the stuff in the screenshot.. glad you like it, Erik =)

Owehn, my plan at the moment is to build up a cache of stuff in a private section of the forum and then open it to people who express interest in this thread. I'll give you access once I've built up the storyline a little more.. I honestly don't have much more than what I've written here, other than a bunch of abstractions that need clarification.
Pryftan

Postby Pryftan » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:50 am

Alright, after doing a lot more work on this Age I think I can clarify what I'll need assistance with.

First off, on textures, I'll need an artist who can make some original images for the Age - things like stained glass, wall carvings, etc. I'll also need someone who can make seamless textures (I don't have the capability at the moment). If someone can do both, that's fine too, but splitting it up will work just as well.

Second, I'd like someone creative to work with me on puzzle design, as well as general story.

And finally, I'll need someone who knows Python well enough to make the various puzzles work. I spent awhile studying Python but that's mostly just so I can seem like I know what I'm talking about. =)

Anybody else is welcome to help out too! But these areas need very specific attention.

This building should look great with some stained glass windows, and a texture I didn't get off Google Image Search.

A staircase inside is meant to only open when you solve a puzzle, but I'm just making models right now and worrying about most conditional stuff later.
Pryftan

Postby Trylon » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:01 am

Hey, nice use of lighting :)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Pryftan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:24 pm

Thanks, Trylon! The bridge especially really came out looking nice, and I like how the stairs look.. but the cathedral really needs work..

(bump post cleverly disguised as a substantiative post)
Pryftan

Postby Jennifer_P » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:18 am

(bump post cleverly disguised as a substantiative post)

Diabolical!
(bump)
Jennifer_P

Next

Return to Pryftan's Journal