Anam

Re: Anam Creation Story

Postby pappou » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:57 pm

“What do you think of having perhaps a D'ni visitor in the history of this people...etc”

If you've read the D'ni histories, then you have a background history there to draw from. Having a history in hand rather than making it up is a help. But there are at least a couple of problems in your case: 1) We are forbidden to trespass upon the Cyan D'ni copyrights; and 2) What does the D'ni explorer have to do with your age: (a) How does he affect it; (b) How does his existence explain the history of that people; etc.

As you are putting it, your tribal people still require a history independent of D'ni history, so to me, the D'ni involvement seems irrelevant. And even if you can profit from some D'ni intervention, it still cannot account for what those people were from their creation down to the time of intervention.

For instance, i took the people of MotherCity out of the D'ni loop by not specifying that they had anything to do with the D'ni. MotherCity people simply speak of the Old Ones, with whom they have lost contact. However, if it becomes necessary, those Old Ones could always be D'ni. I even have posited a series of gods, one of which could always be Yehvo (i think that is his D'ni name), although i have not needed to spell this out yet.

But like your situation, this does not account for the history of this people, the ones of MotherCity. For them i have a fairly detailed description down. It sits behind everything they do and influences their actions from time to time. I am hoping this shows up in the believability of the characters. But I don't know.

If you want to see how a small part of that history is spelled out, you can read:

CREATION STORY
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1183
Scroll down to, “The Creation Story of .....”

also:

[ooc] PROPOSALS
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1183

See this Creation Story Outline and Proposals for a tribal type mentality which has become fairly sophisticated in the form of the people of MotherCity.
There is behind this outline a fairly well thought out description of tribal culture as it (first) becomes Westernized; then (second) Europeanized; then (third) becomes revealed as the culture of the Modern World – a final cultural phenomenon which dates from 1700AD to the present.
pappou
pappou

Re: Anam

Postby Luetwo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:16 pm

I found this researching the navajo culture and think I will use it in the pyramid somehow. I chose them because they are from the American southwest where the painted desert lies. As the sand in my area is multi-colored, it seemed a fit.

We are the Holy People of the Earth. We are created between our Mother Earth and Father Sky. Our home, the four sacred mountains, with the entrance to the East, embodies our Way of Life. It provides strength and peace within us.

Spirituality, intellect, planning and life have been instilled within us; through these attributes we attain knowledge and wisdom. We shall combine the best learning and knowledge of other societies with that our own for the benefit of our future.

With that, children will walk with beauty before them, beauty behind them, beauty beneath them , beauty above them, beauty around them, and will always be respectful and live in harmony with natural law. Our children will go forth in life endowed with what is required to achieve their ultimate aspirations.
Luetwo

Postby pappou » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:44 pm

The aesthetic potential in this sounds fine. But it should not be a matter of just throwing out the word 'beauty'. The aesthetic values must change the people; it must be clear from their actions; it should show in up in their way of life.

That is so different from the way we toss off beauty terms, and then blithely accept the city the way it is.
pappou
pappou

Postby Luetwo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:16 am

I have made a tentative decision. Although as with all my other decisions in this journal, it may be remade.LOL. In the final office, there will be a linking book. It will be totally unusable, but it will be a book. One similar to the ones in Myst that showed the boys. The picture is unfocused and crackly and just a glimpse of another age. As I cannot use any of Cyan's ages to link to, perhaps it will be a picture of another player created age. The name could be on the book, but as I said it would be unusable. Just a partial glimse of another age.
Luetwo

Postby Luetwo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:29 pm

ANAM STORY BEING REWORKED...........

While I love the location and some of the puzzles developed. I am in the process of rewriting the storyline. Hopefully I will have the updated story here soon.
Luetwo

Previous

Return to Luetwo's Journal