HOUMALA

Re: HOUMALA-Factory production

Postby Luetwo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:38 am

After mainpower has been restored from Gestopahts, the factory has a little power. However the steam needed for cleaning and preparing the food for shipment still has to be done. Out the back door is the controls to accomplish this. You have to move the big inverted funnel over the correct mudpit and start the water dripping. If you have the water too high, the lava pit cools and steam is minimal. You must have the drip enough to produce the maximum amount of steam. The water drips from pipe connnected to the outer flare of the inverted funnel. The inner portion of the funnel is used to suck the steam into the factory. This hot steam is used to parboil the tubers before packing and to soften the hull on the plant sac so that it can be cut. The hull is saved and used by the nujacs for wood in their fireplaces. After the sac has been softened it can be cut and the edible seeds are scooped out. These seeds can be eaten as they are, but they can also be made into a drink. I believe this will be done in the industrial part of Gestopahts. So after the nujacs remove enough seeds to sustain their population, the rest will be packed and readied for shipment.

Once the main power has been restored to Houmala, you must also turn the light at the end of the pier to face the main port of the city. The light needs to be turned on as the tide comes in and then extinguished before the tide gois out. It is only this small time frame when the ship can dock and load and unload goods and supplies.
Luetwo

Re: HOUMALA

Postby Luetwo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:37 am

Trying to work on the factory line. The tuber fish will need to be cleaned and their little arms removed,(I am thinking a tumbler type of machine that would simply knock them off), they then need to be parboiled or slightly cooked and them packed for shipment. The fruit will need to be cut open and the seeds scooped out for shipment. The seeds that are not good enough for shipment are the food of the nujacs. They also eat some on the tuber fish.
I believe all products need to enter the steamer then they are seperated/ The tubers will go one way to be tumbled to remove their appendages, the fruit will go the other to be cut open and the seeds removed.
Luetwo

Door is Open; Need a Puzzle?

Postby pappou » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Door is Open; Need a Puzzle?
25mar08

“Do you think I need some sort of puzzle to open this door.”

I really don't know.
Earlier i thought, yes. But there are so many places for puzzles, i get the feeling they are just becoming puzzles for puzzles sake.

There are so many possibilities for puzzles now, maybe we should concentrate on really neat ones – like the sequence to the lava room and getting the fans and floor working; like the great roller coaster ride which ends Amateria;
so many memorable great puzzles.

Maybe the door being open is OK; lets leave it open until some good reason comes along to lock it.

Have you looked at the second floor plan, the office level plan, i did for your Factory? As you face it, the arrival office with the nice stone key puzzle is second floor on the left of center. [See the attached plan here] When Exp gets the key to work, it opens the door on the back side (West side) leading to Elevated Walkway that crosses over the central gallery [big elevators below, and Laser Dish] and goes to two offices above the other side of the factory [Packing, Washing, etc]. On that passage over the central gallery you can look left to see the four lava-mud pits, their cranes and snorkels. Those are all in the 'back yard'. On that same platform is a projected balcony which holds the green console for operating the cranes and snorkels. But there is no power.

Factory 03 2nd fl detail.png
Factory 03 2nd fl detail.png (159.11 KiB) Viewed 2248 times

So, Exp continues to the North on the Elevated Walkway and turns right into a pair of offices on that side of the factory. No doors are locked there, and passing through the offices she finds a door at the far end which opens to a stair going down into the factory, facing the Packing area. If Exp turns and goes back toward the central gallery where the Laser Dish is, that door will NOW BE OPEN. I think that is fine.

I send this plan to make sure you have seen it. Please ask me questions if i have not make it clear, for these are pretty cryptic preliminary drawings.

It seems good to me (right now) that Exp goes on out into the village and starts finding her way back to Gestoypahts to get the 'lights turned on'.

But do we need a journal in the offices which tells Exp that the only way out is to turn on the blinking lights at the peer? And that requires getting the main power from Gestoypahts turned on.
pappou
pappou

Re: HOUMALA

Postby pappou » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:33 am

Thursday 04April08

Show Spoiler
pappou
pappou

Previous

Return to Luetwo's Journal