Personal Update

Re: Personal Update

Postby Jennifer_P » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:19 pm

Well, we didn't get anything, but I had fun anyway. :)

The Starry Expanse also has less to worry about as far as spoilers go, since I bet almost everyone who's interested enough in the project to notice the Twitter feed has already played Riven.

Hehe, well, to be honest I haven't finished Riven (blush)--the darned computer keeps dumping my progress.
Jennifer_P

Postby Jennifer_P » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:52 pm

...Aaaand the blog is up. :) Thanks for giving me a push!

http://www.ilathid.com/blog/index.php?blogId=1
Jennifer_P

Postby Aloys » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:44 am

Yay. Now, we only hav to make sure you post at least once a month.. ;)
So what is the next big PR move now? A new site? a new trailer? ;)
Aloys

Postby Egon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:40 am

Aloys wrote:So what is the next big PR move now? A new site? a new trailer? ;)

How about a new demo ...

I tryed today current version and have one huge issue:
brightness

I hope that finall game will feature gamma correction (unlike URU :(), or that the darkes screen shots in begining room will get 50% more brightness.

Lots of original shoots looked on my screen just as black hole. Lucky for me I was able to extract them from zip file, corret them and repack them to zip file.
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby Jennifer_P » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:55 pm

As a matter of fact, a new demo probably is the next big thing that will come out. ^^ I won't try to give an estimate for when it'll happen as this depends so much on what happens in people's RL. (I will however, guess 4 months mimimum.) But I figure that a new demo will be just what we need to finally kick the idea that the project is dead. Some pretty cool new stuff has been built for it already, and the "Greek" look has been phased out in favor of something more D'ni.

I tryed today current version and have one huge issue:
brightness

Yeah, I couldn't even solve the demo on my computer because it was so dark. That's definitely something on the fix list. What we were going to do was have an opening screen brightness adjustment thing where you make it so that a picture is just barely visible, which is what they did for Riven.

I'm impressed that you had the idea to modify the zip files directly. Guild of Writers members aren't intimidated by the thought of messing with the program files! :)
Jennifer_P

Previous

Return to Jennifer's Journal