Recreating the Carboniferous Swamp Forest

Re: Recreating the Carboniferous Swamp Forest

Postby Whilyam » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:42 pm

The export is so large because you have far too many vertices/faces. Probably the trees. If you took the default cylinder-creator, each trunk section/branch has 32 faces. Multiply that by the number of sections the tree has (likely 10+). Multiply that by the number of trees. Perhaps you can use this as an example of the limitations of modeling this.
Whilyam

Postby Chacal » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:49 pm

Jennifer_P wrote:And it's even longer when your project is due in a few hours. (It's late now anyway though; gmail is being incooperative)

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Our project is late!
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:33 am

The export is so large because you have far too many vertices/faces. Probably the trees. If you took the default cylinder-creator, each trunk section/branch has 32 faces. Multiply that by the number of sections the tree has (likely 10+). Multiply that by the number of trees. Perhaps you can use this as an example of the limitations of modeling this.

Yeah, definitely too many vertices. For the lepidodendrons, I think one type of them had like 5,000 vertices because I used the subdivide tool too much! Yikes, huh? And I did mention that 5,000 vertex lepidodendron in my report too. Unfortunately I forgot to add in Trylon's PyPRP 101 information, a fact which I noticed several hours after mailing my report in.

And sorry Chacal...I'm afraid that I don't plan to give you guys any coauthor credit (unless I get a bad grade). :P
Jennifer_P

Previous

Return to Jennifer's Journal