Discussion Topic: Guild membership mutually exclusive

Re: Discussion Topic: Guild membership mutually exclusive

Postby Jennifer_P » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:47 am

Ditto to what theclam said:
Membership to the Guild of Writers should not be exclusive.
Council leadership positions should be exclusive.
I might also add that a benefit of having nonexclusive membership is that we can receive new perspectives from other Guilds, build up our ties with them, and facilitate communication and understanding. We have a lot we can learn from other guilds, and they have a lot they can learn from us--mutual exchange is good. :)
Jennifer_P

Re: Discussion Topic: Guild membership mutually exclusive

Postby Pryftan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:48 am

I don't think it's necessary to make some wide blanket statement about this at all. I very much doubt there will ever be a situation in which two Guilds happen to both feel like one person is the most qualified for a particular leadership position. It would have to happen almost simultaneously for one Guild to not take into consideration their candidate's leadership in another Guild, which would almost certainly cause them to remove the candidate.

However, if there was really a situation where the best person for a particular position was also the best person for a particular position in another Guild, and people discussed it and agreed, I wouldn't say "No! You can't do that because we all said you can't do that." I think we're all echoing the sentiment that it seems very unlikely that it'd ever be necessary. I don't know if anything but that needs to be said.

Hey! I still want Ambassadors! ;p
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Previous

Return to Public Discussion