Hosting Websites

Re: Hosting Websites

Postby Chacal » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Whilyam wrote:But if he has something substantial to add to the discussion and he's not interested enough to sign up, I will post it.

Er, now THAT sounds strange. :shock:
If someone isn't interested, then he isn't interested.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Trylon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:56 am

Err, yeah.
Before, I though that he asked you to post something on his behalf, now I'm not so sure anymore...
Are you sure he actually wants you to post his quotes here?
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby zib_redlektab » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:10 am

Yeah, he said in his original post that he can see this thread, but he cannot post, so he was sending his replies to us.

I think this kind of defeats the purpose of a representative-only forum, but on the other hand I think it is important that guild members be able to influence their representatives via PM and such...however I agree that if he really wants to be an actual part of the discussion, JW should become a rep himself...
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Whilyam » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:29 am

Chacal wrote:
Whilyam wrote:But if he has something substantial to add to the discussion and he's not interested enough to sign up, I will post it.

Er, now THAT sounds strange. :shock:
If someone isn't interested, then he isn't interested.

Not really, no. You either haven't been around enough people to have seen it, or you haven't experienced it yourself. Interest is not black and white.

But, to clarify, he asked me to post these.
Whilyam

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:30 pm

Not really, no. You either haven't been around enough people to have seen it, or you haven't experienced it yourself. Interest is not black and white.

It's also quite often a lack of understanding of exactly how little effort is required to do something. You go into the control panel, you press a button that essentially says "i'm interested in talking about the gow", and boom, you can post. No big responsibilities, this was made quite clear. The only purpose of the representative group is to list the people who are interested enough to talk in this section.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Trylon » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:00 am

(and vote on proposals) ;)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Whilyam » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:52 am

JWPlatt wrote:Hi Whilyam,

My first PM was to the participants of the thread. I never expected nor asked anyone to post it. You did, which is okay, but I didn't ask. Personally, I would clear a PM with the author before posting it, but I can understand how you would interpret my PM to multiple recipients as implicit permission. However, I included you on the remaining PMs knowing you might post them too, but only because I could see I needed to clarify after the first PM was posted.

Because there seems to be a requirement of participation of some sort within the organization if you are a Representative, and because I take commitments seriously and do not have the time, I will not be requesting inclusion in the Representative Usergroup.

You can post this if you wish. I will not ask to impose further on the private matters of the GoW. I hope you folks get on with the topic.

JW
Whilyam

Previous

Return to Representative Discussion