Proposal: Off-topic Discussion

Proposal: Off-topic Discussion

Postby Paradox » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:33 am

This was brought up back when the forum first opened, and the general concensus was that off-topic discussion could occur on one of the numerous other Myst/Uru forums and that GoW should remain focussed on Age Creation. So far this has worked out nicely, there have been a few threads that may or may not directly relate to Age Creation, but the were posted in General Discussion, they were appropriate to the tone of the forum, and they were pretty darn interesting to read.

However, with MOUL closing and with very little to really tie the community together, I'm not against the idea of opening a General Discussion area on GoW. If nobody has any objections, we could put it to public vote.

Opinions?
Paradox

Re: Proposal: Off-topic Discussion

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:01 am

I agree. I am usually put off when I visit the General Forum and see off topic mess. I usually don't like to wade through that stuff to get to things that I might want to read... Unless I'm in a particularly good mood, which doesn't happen very often :P
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Aloys » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:30 am

Why not. At any rate it can't hurt. :)
Aloys

Postby BAD » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:08 pm

I am ALL for that.

I have a feeling we may get an upsurge of people casually coming on the forum, with no idea what is going on, and it would be fantastic to have a place to put their posts without having to disturb them by telling them they were not appropriate.

So lets do it. :D
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Return to Representative Discussion