Proposal to the GOFA

Proposal to the GOFA

Postby BAD » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:22 pm

Ok here we go.

After having a discussion with Tweek, it has become apparent that the Guild of Fine Arts would do better if it was linked to and supported by the GOW.

Some of the Guild Councilors and Assn. Guild Councilors made a proposal to Tweek to offer an art server (like Flickr, or {shudder} Deviant Art{No furries!}).

This would provide a place for artists to showcase there work in an organized and intuitive way. It will benefit the GOW by having easy access to artwork and artists themselves. This will facilitate the conceptual and textural part of building ages, and provide inspiration.

It was also suggested but not written in stone that we could provide the GOFA with a forum. This board would be linked to the GOW but be it's own separate discussion board. However our plan is to share members lists so that you are automatically a member of the GOFA forum and art server if you join the GOW and vice versa. This is how Yahoo and Flickr work.

So I guess the question is if the council agrees that this is a good idea for now. I am also submiting this to the GOFA for there thoughts and hopefully acceptance.

So I guess I am really just looking for thoughts and opinions as we build this into a full proposal. :)
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Re: Proposal to the GOFA

Postby BAD » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:27 pm

Update:

The GOFA has accepted the terms for the most part. Although there hasn't been a formal vote there, most of the reactions have been very positive. I'll see if they want to vote on it or if they just want us to move forward on this project.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Return to Representative Discussion