Uru Open-Source - How about an inter-guild plan....

Uru Open-Source - How about an inter-guild plan....

Postby Trylon » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:46 am

Shorah,

I just read the news on Cyan open-sourcing uru.. Even though it is what I hoped the statement would be, it is certainly not what I expected....
I'm expecting quite a bit of chaos server-wise before there will be a good online experience....

How about us opening up (hosting) a discussion with the maintainers, cartographers, greeters and messengers about planning a Guild-Common shard (system)....?
Last edited by Trylon on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Re: Uru Open-Source - How about an inter-guild plan....

Postby mar » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:11 am

When the emotions are cooled down then I think this is the right idea to do. I see the most, in working with each other then five guilds do there own thing. Our strenght is lying in working together to bringing uru-online back. ;) ;) ;)
mar

Postby Whilyam » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:15 am

I'd agree with this. A Guild Coalition for servers, hosting, testing, etc. It'd be ideal if we could find a way for the leadership in each Guild (who is capable of doing so) could pay a portion of the maintenance fees for whatever the Guilds eventually set up.
Whilyam

Postby Dot » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:06 am

This sounds an excellent idea. Count me in for one!
Dot

Postby BAD » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:09 am

An inter guild server bank is a very good idea. I would imagine that doing this would create a server that would be highly popular and would facilitate a stricter rule system for content for the GOW and GOMa.

I believe the GOW should set up a test server as quick as possible. We have a lot of ages that people have been just clamoring to test in multiplayer. Once we have a steady handle on how it all will work, we can then continue with making agreements with the other Guilds.

We should however include as many other guilds in this early discussion as possible. ;)
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Dot » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:25 am

Trylon, would it be possible to post this over on the MOUL server, please, so that everyone can take part in the debate? Here, only GoW representatives can post, and to be truly inter-guild and representative of the whole community, it needs to be somewhere that everyone can join in.

I've mentioned this thread in a couple of places, and people have been pm'ing me saying they couldn't post here. Thanks.
Dot

Postby BAD » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:29 am

I'm doing that as we speak
;)
BAD

Postby BAD » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:43 pm

Done! Go here to continue this discussion....

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... highlight=
BAD

Return to Representative Discussion